bliston

NH 4way FS tunnel Meet - January 19, 2013

Hi All,

This winter's NH Tunnel Meet will be happening over the MLK weekend in January. 4-way FS will take place on Saturday, January 19th and again include a 2 on 2 player/coach format rookie class meet that will be 5 rounds in the morning and our 10 round afternoon meet that will have intermediate, advanced, and open classes.

Registration costs will remain low and include food, water, video, judging, practice rounds, awards, and give aways.

Last year we had 109 FS competitors field a total of 35 4-way teams - it will be important to register early. Our first registration email will go out later this week to everyone who participated last year, if you'd like to be added to this list, please email me at nhtunnelmeet"at"gmail"dot"com. Please do not post hear or PM me to request more information.

The VFS meet will run under the direction of Ari Perlman and will take place Sunday, January 20th.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

Event Announcement – 5th Annual NH Tunnel Meet!

Dates: Saturday, January 19th, 2012 for 4-way FS

Cost: $75/person for FS regardless of competition class, $55 for each additional FS event. Includes pizza lunch, waters, meet t-shirt, judging, meet rounds, practice rounds, one DVD for your team (or digital copies of flights) and any free stuff that manufactures send up.

Registration information: First come first serve - limit of 12 Rookie teams and 24 Intermediate or Open teams. Register by Thursday, December 20th to receive a t-shirt. We filled up last year so register early - registration will likely fill prior to the deadline. Email nhtunnelmeet”at”gmail”dot”com with the full names of each team member, their email addresses, each person’s t-shirt size, your competition class, and your team name to register. Don’t be a dummy and ask me to save a spot for your unformed team… email me with all the requested information at once – I won’t register a team without it. I will assume that you want man’s cut t-shirts unless you specifically say “women’s cut small/medium/large.”

Registration confirmation: Unless you get a confirmation from me saying that you are "all set," don't assume you are registered. I will not save spots or register partial teams. Also please put in the subject line of your email, "team registration for _________ (team name)." If you already sent your team's info, I will plan to process it on Tuesday.

Format: Same as last year, 5-round Rookie meet starting at 7am, 10-round afternoon Intermediate, Advanced, and Open meet starting at 11am.

Meet Director: Ben Liston (FS meet only) and Chief Judge: Jim Rees (multiple other national judges will be on site this year). Ari will be running the VFS meet again. Email Ari directly at NHtunnelmeetVFS"at"gmail"dot"com for questions about the VFS event.

Teammate finder spreadsheet: Enter your info here if you are looking for teammates https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApFFDKFiX0PedHctZnRiUzRwVEtNLTR1cUJVYVB2bEE&hl=en This document saves all changes, so please be careful not to mess with anyone else's info.

New for this year: There may, or may not, be minor changes to the draw for Advanced and Open classes. There will also be on site NSL coverage for the meet. We expect additional industry sponsors, as well.

Sandbagger prevention - Any Intermediate teams that includes two or more members who won the Intermediate class last year at the tunnel meet, have won an Intermediate gold medal at US Nationals, or any medal in the Advanced or Open class at US Nationals should register as a “guest team” if they want to compete in Intermediate. That means that they can compete, be scored, and will be recognized, but will not eligible for medals. Advanced class team teams should not have more than one USPA Open Class competitor in the line-up (or register as a guest if they do). With these guidelines in mind, teams select their own class.

Class Information: Rookie draw is 3 randoms per round. Intermediate Draw is 4-5 points, all randoms plus blocks 7 and 9. Advanced draw is 4-5 points plus blocks 6, 7, 9, 11, 14, and 15. Open draw has 5-6 points and will include all randoms plus blocks 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, and 22.

Player/Coaches: The “player/coaches” for the 2-on-2 Rookie class will be drawn on site the night before the competition – there will be no pre-formed full 4-way teams or requests for this class. Let me know if you’d like to volunteer as a player/coach – don’t just assume that you are one. Typically, player coaches should have scored a 12.0 average or higher at US Nationals.

Communication: Only email me the nhtunnelmeet address, as opposed to my personal account, for meet questions and registration. I have a regular job that keeps me busy, but I typically respond to questions and confirm registrations within one week. That said, I will be out from October 25th to November 4th for Nationals and have a kid on the way (due in mid-December); thanks in advance for your patience around this events. Please include your phone number if you email questions so that I can have the option of calling you with my response. This will be the only email you receive from me if you don't register. Registered folks will get one more large email with logistic info, official rules, etc., and probably a final reminder email just before the meet.

Ben

Read this info if you didn’t compete last year:

The 5th annual NH Tunnel Meet is on! 4-way Formation skydiving tunnel competition will happen on Saturday January 19th, 2012! Same deal as in past years, there will not be any cash purses, but prizes will include tunnel time and donated prizes from manufacturers. There will also be a 2-way VFS meet on Sunday January 20th. VFS meet director Ari Perelman will send out more details about the VFS soon.

Registration prices (for the Saturday FS events) will be $75 per competitor regardless of her/his competition class. Price includes a pizza lunch, bottled water, a DVD (or digital copy) of each team’s competition rounds, your meet flights, two-minutes of official warm-up time, and if you register before the December 20th deadline, a free t-shirt for each team member. The four competition classes are Rookie, Intermediate, Advanced and Open. The Rookie class will be a 5 round morning meet, and the Intermediate, Advanced, and Open class flyers will compete in the afternoon over 10 rounds.

For the Rookie meet, two competitors will be paired with two veteran 4-way folks who will serve as “player/coaches” (at no additional charge!). Rookie competitors start at 7:00am and should sign up with as a pair and provide me with a team name and t-shirt sizes. Payer/coach pairings will be drawn on site and the awards should be done by 11:30am. The Rookie class is designed to give folks that are new to 4-way a chance to get involved – no sandbaggers please! Folks interested in being player/coaches should contact me. Your fee covers the same stuff as the other classes, but your meet is five rounds. You get half the rounds because you have only two paying members to cover the cost of the flight time.

Intermediate/Advanced/Open teams should arrive no later than 11:00AM. The competition rounds will be completed by 7:00PM, and the awards ceremony will either happen as soon as the judges finish (at about 7:30PM).

The meet will be modeled in NSL fashion for the four divisions of 4-way. The Open class will have 5 to 6 points per round and use a modified dive pool for the meet (all random formation plus blocks 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, and 22), the Advanced Class will have 4 to 5 points, all randoms, plus blocks 6, 7, 9, 11, 14 and 15, the Intermediate class rounds will have 4 to 5 points per round and consist of random formations and a blocks 7 and 9, and the Rookie class will have 3 points per round and consist of only random formations.

The maximum number of Intermediate and Open class teams (combined) will be 24 and the maximum number of Rookie class teams will be 12 – teams will be registered on a “first come first serve” basis. To reserve a spot for your team, all you need to do is email Ben at NHtunnelmeet”at”gmail”dot”com with the team name, the competition class you will be competing in, the full names of all four team members, each team members email address, and each team members t-shirt size. No partial registrations will be honored or spaces saved, you have to email all the above information to register.

--
Ben Liston
Meet Director
New Hampshire Tunnel Meet

sticks!

We had another solid year with 33 teams across 4 divisions. Over 125 competitors participated in the one day FS meet. Check out http://www.skyleague.com for the results, stories, and video.

If anyone would like to run satellite meets at other 12ft. tunnels next year, I'll be happy to share (for free) all the communications, spreadsheets, and details about the meet structure. It's not rocket science and just needs one motivated organizer and one judge to get it started. Start with with 3-5 teams and let it grow... contact me through nhtunnelmeet"at"gmail"dot"com if you are interested. We'll likely run next year's meet in early December.

sticks!