dzen

RW need analyses and advises from experienced

Hi,
Task was really simple, liked exit, accordion, links, accordion. 180 accordion.
I'm with camera, diver #1 from left, diver # 2 from right.
If you'll make analyses of this could be nice. Body positions, legs, links, why we lost stability, why I' have been trying to link and can't.
Thank you and blue skies
Rod

So, you're wearing the camera? It's not possible to review your skydive. RW groups/teams have a separate, dedicated video person who does not participate in the skydive's formation. This video person flies close to the group such that the people fill the TV screen. Also, the video person needs to keep a constant heading, and not orbit around the group. That way, the group can tell who is moving and how much. Finding a good 4-way video person can be challenging.

On the exit, I would suggest taking a wrist grip instead of the chest strap. This allows the formation to be a little more flexible during the exit. From what I'm seeing in the video, it isn't possible to tell why stability was lost.

Is there a tunnel near you? I would suggest getting tunnel time to improve your proximity flying. Without seeing your body position, it's not possible to critique what you're doing when you try to link up.

Body position is absolutely critical in formation skydiving. You need to comfortably keep a "box position", and fall straight down. As part of this body position, everyone should be able to keep their hands under their chin, and move them out to take grips. If people are flying with their hands above their head, they'll end up bringing them down to take grips (cupping air in the process), which will introduce burbles/bobbles into the formation.

Also, everyone must be falling at the same rate while keeping their box positions. The person in the black jump suit, which is a jump suit designed for modern formation skydiving (relatively tight fitting), is having to dearch to stay up. The body position he's in will make it difficult to do good formation skydiving. The blue jump suit is baggy, and not designed for modern formation skydiving. Those differences alone will make smooth formation flying difficult. Also, the person in the blue jump suit is flying with his hands pretty much above his head. He needs to bring his hands down below the plane of his chin, and keep them there.

Find a coach near you, and I'm sure they'll be able to give you positive feedback.

Good luck, and keep skydiving!
We are all engines of karma

that chest strap grip is a problem, you should have an arm grip instead.

jumper in blue turned out of the relative wind too early and flipped under. He is the point of your linked exit, so he's a diver- his legs should be bent up nearly to his butt until you're off the hill.

Looks like you were giving the count and pushed out pretty hard; that can spin the 3-way star in an interesting fashion.

You can try a different exit formation, like a stairstep, which might allow you all to get your own piece of the wind easier.

This is just my perspective-

Lots of video of pros out there, too. If you watch how they do it, you can learn a ton also.

Nothing beats good coaching though

also - check out the link at the top of this forum "Airspeed Articles" plenty to learn there

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

First off that door is way too small ;). Chest strap grip may make it hard for blue jumpsuit guy to present to relative wind on exit.

Blue jumpsuit guy needs a tighter jumpsuit- especially in the arms.

Here is a link to a good article about flying Mantis. Good pictures too.
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=mypagesuite&pnum=46&refresh=Ej410Cw67f1A&EID=df2269d4-811d-486e-aab4-2e59793dfa8b&skip=/

Also- even though grips are important- it is very important to be stable before you take a grip so you don't unintentionally transfer movement to your teammate. Read the article and spend some time working on a stable strong body position. Then work on fall rate. Then work on grips. And smile. And laugh. Lots :P

Again and Again....face to face with the sky - RMR