Zymurdoo

POPS Record Attempt at Skydive AZ, Dec 05-09, 2012

05-09 December 2012. POPS World Record at Skydive Arizona, Eloy, AZ. For more information contact Tim Webber via tcwebbermac.com or Kimbo Godwin via kimbowestcosteeltruss.com

I haven't seen anything posted here. Maybe I just missed it. There will be a qualifying event in Eloy April 14th

More info here... http://www.bigwayjumpers.org/
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

05-09 December 2012. POPS World Record at Skydive Arizona, Eloy, AZ. For more information contact Tim Webber via tcwebbermac.com or Kimbo Godwin via kimbowestcosteeltruss.com

You might be more successful with this. [email protected] and [email protected]
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

"We are assembling a "New Team" of dedicated POPS Bigway Jumpers and are not affiliated with any previous POPS organizations or records"

I know I should get in this...but the above is a slight mistake, most likely not intentional.

Larry Elmore has been a plane captain for the "other" POP's team and is currently listed as a captain for the new team.

Good luck to both POPs teams.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

"We are assembling a "New Team" of dedicated POPS Bigway Jumpers and are not affiliated with any previous POPS organizations or records"

I know I should get in this...but the above is a slight mistake, most likely not intentional.

Larry Elmore has been a plane captain for the "other" POP's team and is currently listed as a captain for the new team.

Good luck to both POPs teams.

I believe Kimbo has also been a captain on previous POPS teams.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just for the record. Myself, Larry Elmore and Harry Hopkins have all been Plane Captains on POPS in the past. However, we are assembling a New Team of like minded Plane Captains and Jumpers who want to make some changes and go a new direction. If any Qualified bigway jumpers would like to join us visit our website at www.bigwayjumpers.org

We do not wish any bad luck or misfortune to the other team, we just want to go a different direction.

Safe landings,
Kimbo

I want to be careful about this post but here's a thought.

I personally think that the two separate teams has been and will be a good thing for POPs. I know that we worked extra hard to put together the best possible team. Certainly more people w get the chance to be on a WR.

The Eloy team is going for 125, so if they achieve there goal they "beat us" by five. I know that will fire the DeLand team up for the next event.

Thoughts?

Sorry I shouldn't have posted the size of the event as I wasn't sure. The ones I spoke to (3) were very excited to go out to Eloy and give it another try.

126-129 doesn't really matter, this sport is all about ego's as these two events have proven. Should Kimbo's team do 125.5 (let's say they have a midget :P ) than they can brag away....you know what? At MOST they'll be 200 people that care. The rest of the world will sleep fine.

Hope ya'll get it in less than 7. ;)

http://www.skydivingphotography.com/events/teamripcordpopsworldrecord-120512

Check out the videos of the past two day's practice jumps. The record attempt begins tomorrow. Videos have been posting within 15-30 mins of landing if anyone is interested. No account required. Enjoy!
CWR #23

It is awesome to be able to watch the videos from afar and cheer on the other team. I know that there are some who are disappointed that their record might only stand for a few weeks, but I sincerely hope the AZ team beats our record 120-way this weekend. That means that next year we have a larger formation to gun for. Watching in High Definition is great.
Dano

come on guys at the event, give us a report. Looks like on one of the jumps Friday one section built out and everyone was in the video at break off. I love being able to watch the videos daily too. I had never taken the time to watch an event I wasn't at but I will for now on.

Today could be the big day for a new POP's record!

Internet was running so slow yesterday that it was near impossible to get anything uploaded. After a complete outage last night it seems to be running at full speed this morning.
CWR #23

So i go you your page and click on a Random day 5 video, and bugger me REMSTER'S ugly head is front and centre.:ph34r::ph34r:

Nice work folks:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sneaky:P (122) how did they come up with that number??

The picture that I saw, I could only find one that was out.

They certainly improved and pretty much flat out proved that there can be two POPs teams in the USA.

They certainly improved and pretty much flat out proved that there can be two POPs teams in the USA.

I think it proves that the record could be 200, or more. :)
CWR #23

I think it proves that the record could be 200, or more. :)

Indeed! ...And hopefully, the net result is that because of this - more POPS will simply also now get themselves out there - and actively involved - in either, or - or BOTH teams in the future!!

B|

-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone