jimstar

Record state of Florida 222 way

The weather hosed us. I believe we had a total of 8 attempts at the full record size (222) and built to 211 on one.

We really were all over it and with a little more weather help I am sure it would have gone in the bag.

It was good to see all my big way friends and make new ones. I got to say it was fun.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Yep....BUT....injuries.....

Russ Manhold broke his hip and Larry Evans broke his leg :(

Seperate jumps. My understanding is they are both recovering and sb fine.

Glad to hear that. Injuries happen sometimes. Hell I broke my arm on the otter door frame on a 100+ way attempt. Hurt like a bitch too. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yep....BUT....injuries.....

Russ Manhold broke his hip and Larry Evans broke his leg :(

Seperate jumps. My understanding is they are both recovering and sb fine.

Oh, that sucks. Glad they are recovering.

Any info on how the injuries happened?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Russ trip going out the door and ended up separating his shoulder and breaking his hip when he landed, he wad walking so I hope the hip wasn't that bad. Larry misjudged a landing and buffed in hard.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

apparently russ tripped over a seatbelt that someone had reconnected after taking it off creating a loop. he tripped on it exiting. He must have dislocated his right shoulder at that time because (I was there) he landed his reserve in half brakes no flare. If he broke his hip he probably did that on landing. I was in the air when Larry landed but apparently he dislocated an ankle and broke the other leg ( among other possible injures ) on landing near the beer line. After that they closed the main landing area to everyone except cameras.