brokky

Hayabusa Belgian 4way team video

I saw this when it came up on my Facebook page. Excellent video! I especially liked the shot of the propeller turning. They mounted a GoPro to the tip of the propeller? Cool idea.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

amazing shots, vision, and editing. I love the DoF on some of the filming, so I am assuming some HDSLR video work. Then again, some of the shots looked like gyro-stabilized shots from another aircraft, so I dunno.

Sick work either way.

/jealous as hell of their resources.

amazing shots, vision, and editing. I love the DoF on some of the filming, so I am assuming some HDSLR video work. Then again, some of the shots looked like gyro-stabilized shots from another aircraft, so I dunno.

Sick work either way.

/jealous as hell of their resources.

Thx for the compliments...but not too big resources here... the shots in the beginning on the runway are taken from my powered paraglider , also the exit shot is taken from under canopy and the rest are freefall shots.( most shots are taken with a 5Dmk2 with various lenses),no gyro stabilized shots from other airplanes..
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

Thx for the compliments...but not too big resources here... the shots in the beginning on the runway are taken from my powered paraglider , also the exit shot is taken from under canopy and the rest are freefall shots.( most shots are taken with a 5Dmk2 with various lenses),no gyro stabilized shots from other airplanes..

The really GOOD freefall photographers don't need gyro stabilized anything. Next time you watch a jerky video remember what Brunos videos look like.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

The really GOOD freefall photographers don't need gyro stabilized anything. Next time you watch a jerky video remember what Brunos videos look like.

No, I know, and I honestly wasn't trying to take anything away from Bruno. I'll probably be picking his brain as to a few of those shots anyway. Some of those compressed shots really did look like a second aircraft shots (well, technically I guess bruno IS a second aircraft :P).

I always like to take and look at the works of others, especially innovative shots, and try to think to myself "how in the world did they do that?" both as a mental exercise and adding something to my own repertoire.

Overall excellent vid Bruno.

As far as resources, I was meaning the Team themselves when they described their training regimen. I'd be fucking awesome with that much free time/money too. - at least, that's what I tell myself when I dream.

we want to see the footage from your R/C plane :)
For those who don't know him, Bruno is kind of gyro-stabilized. An astonishing man. Not the same brain-body connections than most of us. Love your work Bruno. Plus he can find cutaway canopies even on January 1st :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM