3mpire

What does (G) stand for in nationals scoring?

Right. Just to clarify, every member of a team must be a USA citizen or a registered alien (i.e. green card). In other words, if even 1 member of a 4-way team is not a citizen or registered alien, that team is a guest team. That team may compete and earn scores, but is not eligble for medals. This is spelled out in the USPA competition manual. I don't have the link, but you can download it for free at the USPA website.

it is called bullshit.

it is like winning a US open, and not get a trophy.

Why should a foreign team or person be allowed to compete and win at the *US* nationals? That is what the World Meets are for.

Would you be OK if Airpseed just went around the World winning each countries championships and then at the World Championships they just jumped against themselves?

Just be glad guests are even allowed to compete as guests.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

For example in tennis, non us citizen can still win US open and vice versa, non french can win French open or the Aussie and Wimbleldon.

Come on dude, airspeed will have other teams to compete against. they are called golden knights.

Im not glad, that is why I called it bullshit.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

For example in tennis, non us citizen can still win US open and vice versa, non french can win French open or the Aussie and Wimbleldon.

Those are not THE NATIONAL championships. They are meets that anyone can attend. More like the Shamrock, Valentines day meet, Malesky Meet, or the Super Cup.

Come on dude, airspeed will have other teams to compete against. they are called golden knights.

WORLD MEETS only allow ONE team per Country per event (there was some crazy FF event that allowed more than one.. don't know the story on that one).

Fact is that the US NATIONALS is the event to select the US TEAM to go to the WORLD MEET. Because of that, there is no reason to allow foreign competitors at all.

If Airspeed goes to the French Nationals or the UK Nationals, they are a GUEST team there as well.

ALL TEAMS can show up to events like the Shamrock which would be like your example of Wimbledon.

ALSO, you have to be ALLOWED to compete at Wimbledon. So if the Nationals was run the way you would like only teams that WERE INVITED would be allowed to compete.... thats better?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If Airspeed goes to the French Nationals or the UK Nationals, they are a GUEST team there as well.

The UK nationals allows foreign teams in as Open teams. They are allowed to win the competition and receive gold medals. They would not be the British National Champions if they did so. The highest placed British team would also win gold medals, 2nd and 3rd British team also getting medals, a foreign team will get medals only if they win, no other positions.

We don't have the Open / Advanced division that you do, all AAA teams compete against each other.

Not meant to take away from your point though

The UK nationals allows foreign teams in as Open teams. They are allowed to win the competition and receive gold medals. They would not be the British National Champions if they did so. The highest placed British team would also win gold medals, 2nd and 3rd British team also getting medals, a foreign team will get medals only if they win, no other positions.

Interesting, thanks for teaching me that. I guess I don't really a see the point though. I mean getting a medal would be nice, but it is almost like a second meet being held.

Still, interesting and thanks

Nationals and Open....
Can you spot the difference?

Wimbledon Championships, not Wibledon Nationals.

What is your nationality?

Over and out.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.