murray16

fast Fall rate how to change

Hmm..I am 6,07 tall and weigh 211 (stripped).

Wonder how thats going to affect my falling rate..and RW

There are a lot of things that are going to determine your fall rate(body position, jumpsuit, etc.), but just looking at your height and weight, you shouldn't have any issue staying with most groups. Yes you are heavy, but you have a LOT of surface area with a 6'7'' frame to balance it out.

When I taught at the Military Free Fall school I had a fairly broad range with regards to my fall rate, so I was able to jump with nearly any student there. We grouped our students by size, and I was surprised occasionally by seeing the lightest student in the class fall faster than some of the heaviest students in the class. I remember one day I jumped with an Air Force kid that barely weighed 140 and watched him burn a hole in the sky, then immediately followed that with a jump with a 240 pounder that floated like none other.

Don't worry about the fall rate too much at this point, you'll learn as you get more experience to make huge adjustments to ur fall rate. In the long run that tall lanky frame may actually help you move efficiently when u start turning points. Look at guys like Craig Girard, he's a tall lanky guy and can move with the best of 'em.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

There are a lot of things that are going to determine your fall rate(body position, jumpsuit, etc.), but just looking at your height and weight, you shouldn't have any issue staying with most groups. Yes you are heavy, but you have a LOT of surface area with a 6'7'' frame to balance it out.

When I taught at the Military Free Fall school I had a fairly broad range with regards to my fall rate, so I was able to jump with nearly any student there. We grouped our students by size, and I was surprised occasionally by seeing the lightest student in the class fall faster than some of the heaviest students in the class. I remember one day I jumped with an Air Force kid that barely weighed 140 and watched him burn a hole in the sky, then immediately followed that with a jump with a 240 pounder that floated like none other.

Don't worry about the fall rate too much at this point, you'll learn as you get more experience to make huge adjustments to ur fall rate. In the long run that tall lanky frame may actually help you move efficiently when u start turning points. Look at guys like Craig Girard, he's a tall lanky guy and can move with the best of 'em.

Thanks for the encouraging comment.:)

No worries. Your actually not heavy for your surface area. I'm 6'1, 212Lbs and can fly with the 5'10 117lb girls at my dz with no problem, just give it time.

Going to a tunnel and doing slow faling drills (fire grate, low wind, burble drills) will help bolster your confidence and really teach you to use your torso (the most surface area) to really cup the air.
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

No worries. Your actually not heavy for your surface area. I'm 6'1, 212Lbs and can fly with the 5'10 117lb girls at my dz with no problem, just give it time.

Going to a tunnel and doing slow faling drills (fire grate, low wind, burble drills) will help bolster your confidence and really teach you to use your torso (the most surface area) to really cup the air.

But does it mean I have to fly like a "freak" to fall "normal" and free fall will mostly be tense work instead of a fun relaxed experience? Appreciate your reply!

But does it mean I have to fly like a "freak" to fall "normal" and free fall will mostly be tense work instead of a fun relaxed experience? Appreciate your reply!

Less posting.

More jumping.
Remster

Less posting.

More jumping.

Two more days. And I take you on your word!

I am out of here. ;)