padu

Brazilian 102-way Record

I'm very happy to announce that on April 20 at Skydive Arizona, the "Brazilian Dream Team" (www.brdt.com.br) made a successful attempt on breaking a previous large formation record of 82.

Here's a video of the feat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdxw1-W0-dU&feature=feedlik
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

It's funny, but it could be done in Brazil, our air force and army are able to give the aircraft. I think the proper question is "why they don't do it?"

That’s a good question. I would think doing it at home would be much more rewarding for both the jumpers and the people of Brazil.
It’s still a hell of an accomplishment.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

How can it be a Brazilian record if it was done in Arizona?

Sparky

Rules don't specify where it should be done. It's the same as the brazilian ski nationals... not done in brazil as well
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Sparky

Rules don't specify where it should be done. It's the same as the brazilian ski nationals... not done in brazil as well

Funny, isn't it, how a Texas state record doesn't have to have any Texans on it, and a Brazilian record doesn't have to be in Brazil.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sparky

We had two Canadian Record attempts this year. One in Perris, and another domestic one at Parachute Montreal.

The domestic one was far more successful, built up almost complete (95-way) and we will be trying again next year. The Canadian Record write-up with the 95-way photo is at Peter Chapman's writeup in CSPA thread

Different countries have different rules.
-- The Australians need to be 75% Aussies to be an Australian record, no matter where in the world it is held.
-- The Canadians need to be 100% Canadians to be a Canadian record, no matter where in the world it is held.
-- Other records for certain countries, must be held domestically only.

They used to. I've participated in several military sponsored events using Bandeirantes, Buffalo and C-130's. People started taking advantage of it (charging for free jumps) and they cut it out.