matthewcline

Vids of new 4 way Blocks

I hadn't heard of this at all. THanks for the update.

1 - Sno/Sno
13 - Offset/Spinner

any other updates? randoms or otherwise?

do you have a link for the cards that show the new Block 1? Is it the old Block 1 with the solo flying?

Skyleague is pretty clear on 13 what is required.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, the new 1 is just like snow/offset, but you go back to the snow.

It has both pieces doing a 360 back to the top instead of a 270 to the offset.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

No, the new 1 is just like snow/offset, but you go back to the snow.

It has both pieces doing a 360 back to the top instead of a 270 to the offset.

Good, that single arrow must apply to both pieces (or we split into two pieces and wait for the world to rotate once :P)

I hope to see some of the pros come up with something.

Block 1 - for now, I guess I'd execute like sno/off - more aggressive/bigger turn out though. Nice to have swing option available at both top and bottom I suppose. Turn direction is an interesting question. for the non-switcher, maybe starting to the right might be quick....

BLock 13 - I'm not a fan of spinning compressed accs and my IC is quite a bit bigger than me. Guess we need to practice. I think spinning fwd makes a lot of sense - though I always feel I have more control spinning back, the blind catch is avoidable. To finish with the right cheats....nothing there. Seems like the left grip acc fits continuity about as good as any (quick from donut...)

I still can't find any IPC updates to see if there's any other changes. Unlikely, Kurt is thorough and would have reported it.

Overall impression - meh. I liked sno/off and ham/ham a lot.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I spoke to a few RW dudes in Florida last night and they said in the 4=way world those where the only changes.

VFS, big uproar apparently. But as I am a "Freeflailer" I am not up to speed on that world.:$

Well, I am not up to speed on 4-way FS either, but I try as I am a fan.;)

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

On their facebook page, Airspeed comments after trying out the new blocks.

Short answer is it's early they want to play with them, but B13 they liked spinning the piece backwards better - the trade off of the blinder move was more than offset by the easier to control piece and cogging. Makes a lot of sense. B1 wasn't any issue. I really like how they share with all of us - what other sport does that as well as skydiving?

On their facebook page, Airspeed comments after trying out the new blocks.

Short answer is it's early they want to play with them, but B13 they liked spinning the piece backwards better - the trade off of the blinder move was more than offset by the easier to control piece and cogging. Makes a lot of sense. B1 wasn't any issue. I really like how they share with all of us - what other sport does that as well as skydiving?

Yeah I read that too and am glad they still share like that.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!