Gators1240

Beginning information

I've been searching and searching and can't seem to find a good source of information for someone starting out in rw. I've found the random and block dive pools and I know that learning to fly well on my belly is a good start but I can't seem to find any information as far as what each slot is called, and information regarding exits.

Does anyone know where I could find this information?

Easiest way is to find a 4way person and ask... You are near some world class DZ's so it should not be difficult.

But a rough primer.

http://www.teamfastrax.org/divepool.aspx

Point exits the front of the door and has most of the outfacing positions. On these he is red.

Outside Center is the guy on the outside of the door. He is piece partnered with point. On these he is green

Inside center leaves from inside the plane. He needs to be very disciplined and has most of the keys. On these he is blue.

Tail faces in most of the time. He has very few keys, but has to be able to react quickly since his slot might not build where he planned. He is the yellow guy.

Arizona Airspeed Mind Maps 2003... Can be bought from the NSL website here: http://www.skyleague.com/pages/shop/index.php?category=21

A damn good resource.

If I can help with specific questions.... Ask and Ill try
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

get yourself down to perris or elsinore, world class fs flyers there

I have and will continue to go down to Elsinore there are some great people. I was at excel last week with Andrea and dsans and did a few jumps and learned quite a bit about fs but like I said there is still a ton to learn

I just at Elsinore and mostly do 4way. I was there for excel that day too, so I'm sure we met (maybe even jumped together). Look me up this weekend (Joel, black and green jumpsuit) and I'll be happy to go over more specific 4way stuff with you.

Yeah we have met, in fact we are friends on facebook (brandon lassiter) lol I didn't jump with you Sunday though and I got there right after your jump with Emily

With 55 jumps shouldn't you be flying head down with a camera already. Belly flying is for students and old farts :P.

Seriously, I am always excited to see new jumpers that want to learn 4 way RW.

Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

With 55 jumps shouldn't you be flying head down with a camera already. Belly flying is for students and old farts :P.

Seriously, I am always excited to see new jumpers that want to learn 4 way RW.

Well to be completely honest im learning it all. Im somewhat of a tunnel rat and im learning all the freeflying stuff there right now (starting sit right now) but when I go jump im sticking to RW. Its challenging and a ton of fun. I eventually plan on bringing my freeflying to the sky as well but not for quite a while.

As for the camera......I would love one but have to wait my time out for it. I dont "think"
that it will be a huge distraction for me once I get one but others have thought that as well and hence the reasons there are jump limitations for cameras so I think I will wait my time till I get one.