sdctlc

Airspeed New Line Up?

Hemlin, Hughes, and Kirby tried it together on Fastrax and couldn't make it work. I t will be interesting how a change of address changes the outcome.

But never all three at the same time. Niklas was a Team Mate to both Thomas and Kirkby, but those two basically swapped from AS to FTX over that time period.

Each of them is a powerful and smooth skydiver who makes any Team they are on better. All three together should just continue the AS legacy.

Plus, lets not forget they have a great skydiver in that fourth slot as well.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Hemlin, Hughes, and Kirby tried it together on Fastrax and couldn't make it work. I t will be interesting how a change of address changes the outcome.

Or how the addition of Josh or removal of Hart factors in. I'd say that is a bigger factor than addy.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Or how the addition of Josh or removal of Hart factors in. I'd say that is a bigger factor than addy.

Again, the three of them where never on the Team at the same time, two at a time, yes.

This current AS Team will keep the AS legacy going.

Matt

I think since it's 4 way and Mark hand picked the other three instead of inheriting one and the fact that they will be using the Airspeed system instead of Fastrax (not to mention the awesome alternate they've chosen), I have a feeling we're going to see some great stuff.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I can't wait for the first few comps to see what scores and style they put up there. (not to mention the awesome alternate.....;))

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What is the difference between the two systems?

I would think they are close, as 3 of the 4 have been on both Teams. Two went from Air Speed to Fastrax and back right?

But I am not a hard comp guy, so I don't see the differences clearly.

Matt

The difference is in the continuity plan. Which piece has the memory, front or back? Which peice has the mirror, front or back? Which way to turn on the blocks that allow both directions? Who goes over and who goes under?

These are just some of the parts of continuity.

Not to mention the "secret shit".

The Airspeed system has proven to work. I expect good stuff.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Hmmm, let me get his straight.

Four great skydivers, one being an old as the hills T-Rex with more skydiving hardware than just about anyone on the planet, that has coached other world teams for years. (Sorry Kirkby, I couldn't resist)

One guy that rocked with a world class team at Perris and two other guys that every team on the planet would kill for to have them on their own 4-way.

So we add in a little DZ called Skydive Arizona to train at.

Sprinkle in a pinch of "Kumbaya" togetherness.

Bake at Arizona temps for a year and these guys will end up with so much bling around their necks that Mr. T will be jealous.

Airspeed deserves every bit of praise they get. I would like to see a team (like Fury) stick with it though. I am sure Josh has his reasons for making the switch. Personally, I would want to stick with what I started though. Try to create my own legacy. Fury has the potential to do that. Or I should say "had" the potential till Josh made his move.

Fury will continue and be successful with Todd though. No doubt about that.

It's always tough when you see a key person move on to another opportunity. But on the bright side, look at it this way - Fury only has to replace one member. Airspeed has to build up a whole new team from scratch.

I'll be rootin' for Fury to open a can o' Whup-Ass at this year's Nationals !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !