bliston

2010 NH Tunnel Meet - other 12ft tunnels welcome...

Event Announcement – 2010 NH Tunnel Meet!

If any teams want the meet draw or anyone is up for organizing a concurrent meet at another 12ft tunnel using the same draw, please let me know.

Dates: December 10th for 4-way FS (and December 11th for VFS)

Registration deadline: First come first serve - limit of 12 Rookie teams and 18 Intermediate or Open teams. Register by Sunday, November 21 to receive a t-shirt. Email nhtunnelmeet”at”gmail”dot”com with the full names of each team member, their email addresses, each person’s t-shirt size, and your team name to register.

Format: Same as last year, 5-round Rookie meet starting at 7am, 10-round afternoon Intermediate and Open meet starting at 11am.

Meet Directors: Ben Liston (FS) and Ari Perelman (VFS) Chief Judge: Jim Rees (multiple other national judges will be on site this year)

Teammate finder spreadsheet: Enter your info here if you are looking for teammates https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApFFDKFiX0PedHctZnRiUzRwVEtNLTR1cUJVYVB2bEE&hl=en

Changes for 2010: Sandbagger prevention - Any Intermediate teams that includes two or more members who won the Intermediate class last year, have won an Intermediate gold medal at US Nationals, or any medal in the Advanced or Open class at US Nationals should register as a “guest team.” That means that they can compete, be scored, and will be recognized, but will not eligible for medals.

Open class draw will now include block 10, so we’ll have: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, and 22.

The “player/coaches” for the 2-on-2 Rookie class will be drawn on site the night before the competition – there will be no pre-formed full 4-way teams or requests. Let me know if you’d like to volunteer as a player/coach.

Communication: I am working more than full time as opposed working half time (or not at all) like in years past. I’ll respond to questions and confirm registrations within one week. Please include your phone number if you email questions so that I can have the option of calling you with my response.

Live Free and Fly!
Ben

Read this info if you didn’t compete last year:

The 3rd annual NH Tunnel Meet is on! 4-way Formation skydiving tunnel competition will happen on Saturday December 10th, 2010! Same deal as in past years, there will not be any cash purses, but prizes will include tunnel time and donated prizes from manufacturers. There will also be a 2-way VFS meet on Sunday December 11th. VFS meet director Ari Perelman will send out more details about the VFS soon. This is a community organized event - judges, meet directors, player/coaches, and meet support staff all volunteer their time free of charge as an end of the year "give back" to the skydiving community.

Registration prices (for the Saturday FS events) will be $65 per competitor regardless of her/his competition class. Price includes a pizza lunch, bottled water, a DVD of each team’s competition rounds, your meet flights, two-minutes of official warm-up time, and if you register before the November 20 deadline, a free t-shirt for each team member. The three competition classes are Rookie, Intermediate, and Open. The Rookie class will be a 5 round morning meet, and the Intermediate and Open class flyers will compete in the afternoon over 10 rounds.

For the Rookie meet, two competitors will be paired with two veteran 4-way folks who will serve as “player/coaches” (at no additional charge!). Rookie competitors should plan to be on site by 7:15am and should sign up with as a pair and provide me with a team name. Payer/coach pairings will be drawn on site and the awards should be done by 11:30am. The Rookie class is designed to give folks that are new to 4-way a chance to get involved – no sandbaggers please! Folks interested in being player/coaches should contact me.

Intermediate/Open teams should arrive no later than 11:00AM. The competition rounds will be completed by 7:00PM, and the awards ceremony will either happen as soon as the judges finish (at about 7:30PM).

The meet will be modeled in NSL fashion for the three divisions of 4-way. The Open class will have 5 to 6 points per round and use a modified dive pool for the meet (all random formation plus blocks 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, and 22), the Intermediate class rounds will have 4 to 5 points per round and consist of random formations and a few blocks (7, 9, and 14), and the Rookie class will have 3 points per round and consist of only random formations.

The maximum number of Intermediate and Open class teams (combined) will be 18 and the maximum number of Rookie class teams will be 12 – teams will be registered on a “first come first serve” basis. To reserve a spot for your team, all you need to do is email Ben at NHtunnelmeet”at”gmail”dot”com with the team name, the competition class you will be competing in, the full names of all four team members, each team members email address, and each team members t-shirt size.

Ben Liston, Meet Director
NHtunnelmeet”at”gmail”dot”com
http://www.skyventureNH.com
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

For the 4-way FS event, we currently have 30 teams total registered. 11 Rookie teams, 16 Intermediate teams, and 3 open teams. I know that there are a couple more in the works - please get in touch if you are in the process of forming a team. We are at capacity at this point, but I'll do what I can to secure additional time to accomodate additional teams.

If you live near a 12ft. tunnel and would like to compete remotely, let me know and I'll get you the draw for your class.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!