dqpacker

New World Record 4way

I agree that it's almost as boring to watch 4-way VRW, but what a leap by saying it must be just as easy to do...I don't think anyone would believe that statement.

Nationals is so boring to watch, except for 2-way freefly. I would hope that nationals transforms into something more exciting to watch in the future, similar to how surfing competitions transformed.

What you don't realize is that the sport has transformed to VFS from the artistic freefly event. Many of the guys/gals on the top VFS (Arsenal and Standard) are veterans of the artistic event, some even national champions (Rook Nelson and maybe some others that I can't think of right now). Many of those top competitors have said they they won't compete in the artistic event anymore because of the subjective judging, preferring instead the objective judging of VFS.

The sport is not "progressing" to the artistic event, it is progressing from it. I hope the artistic event doesn't go away because I enjoy it too. But I realize that VFS is the new wave.

You should do some research on the events and competitors, both FS and VFS and really find out what got them where they are today. Each of your posts portrays how uninformed you are about the sport, where it is, where it has been, and where it is going as well as what it takes to compete at the top levels in ANY discipline. Someday you'll reflect on these posts and realize how uninformed they were.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Yes. I saw the glitch. I didn't have a counter and it wasn't on the screen, so I presumed it just "may" have been slightly out of time. But damn... they were still so hot.

I saw 2 glitches (if you want to call them that! lol... it's like a ricer saying Shumacher didnt take a good line lol), but since all I saw was the raw video capture with no timer, I'm not sure if the second was out of time... Still, so impressive!
Remster

I would hope that nationals transforms into something more exciting to watch in the future, similar to how surfing competitions transformed.

If you knew what it took to make that World Record, you would not call it boring.

BTW, surfing is boring to watch. I surf and can appreciate it, but it is still boring to watch.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

just to add 2 two pennies as an old fart, I'm a bit surprised at some of the dialog in this thread. I'm a fan of the sport. Period. Any discipline. I find all of it to be amazing, especially at the top levels. Believe it or not, this even includes style and accuracy. Most exciting meet I've ever watched live was 2003 Women's team accuracy at the world champtionship in Gap. I'm a 4-way guy, but VFS and FF leave me with my jaw on the floor. I can't FF worth a &*%$. And don't even get my started on the beauty and difficulty of Skysurf done well, not to mention CRW (wraps? No thank you).

In my view, its all good, its all harder than hell to be good at and its all a blast to watch. Perhaps this is why I love this sport so much.

Steve
GT

Wow....again with more credibility and personal attacks. I saw on other threads guys clearly presenting a better argument against you with the whole RW vs. FF. You continually resort back to I HAVE MORE JUMPS and YOU DON"T KNOW SQUAT. Congrats.

K. How 'bout this -

I have LESS jumps than you do. And even I know you're talking with your head in your ass. (That's not a PA - it's just an observation).

Almost seems like you're just trying to stir the pot...but okay. I'm your huckleberry. :)
IIRC, you were down in SoCal, right? Tell you what - if you're still there, next time I'm down, how 'bout we meet up at the Perris tunnel and do some belly-flying? Just 2-way, from the Collegiate dive pool - nothing tough.

I'd love to see how well you do at turning points on your belly in an enclosed environment - one that forces you to not move around. I'm getting the sense it'll involve me hanging out, waiting on you to complete a turn...and lots of you bumping off the walls and reaching for grips.

Remember, I have less jumps than you do. And you're a freeflyer, so by your assertion, you should have no problem flying on your belly because you fly on all axes. Belly-flying is easy, right?

We'll be sure and get video. ;)

---

Back to the original topic at hand...damn, guys. That was an incredible round. I'm with aphid - I find the hardest rounds to be those with the least movement. I can't imagine the mental fortitude it took to keep those grips coming in sequence, without missing a beat. Damn. That's some SERIOUS focus.
Signatures are the new black.

From a fun jumper's perspective,
Didn't look at it with a judges eye but if my buddies could do that we would call it 61 points. Total separation points, that's the best kind! It's Amazing how when there are a couple of bobbles in there they can wait on them at that speed, sharp as a
swat edge. Great camera flying, Congratulations Eric.

They did break off awfully high though, smoke it down to a grand and they probably could squeeze in another 20 points.
The sport rolls on.