dqpacker

New World Record 4way

Well, if you can't appreciate how smooth and quiet that flying was....and Airspeed and Fury too.....then I'd say you don't really know what you're looking at. I'll tell you what, go try that jump, I dare you.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I know, easy, Lord knows why no-one has done it before, guess they just couldn't be arsed? ;-)

and the world record VRW dives are even more boring as they are even closer to each other.....:S - so that must be even easier to do

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I know, easy, Lord knows why no-one has done it before, guess they just couldn't be arsed? ;-)

and the world record VRW dives are even more boring as they are even closer to each other.....:S - so that must be even easier to do

I agree that it's almost as boring to watch 4-way VRW, but what a leap by saying it must be just as easy to do...I don't think anyone would believe that statement.

Nationals is so boring to watch, except for 2-way freefly. I would hope that nationals transforms into something more exciting to watch in the future, similar to how surfing competitions transformed.

but what a leap by saying it must be just as easy to do...I don't think anyone would believe that statement.

Actually, I was saying the VRW must be easier because they move even less (that was tongue in cheek to make the point) - I'd seriously align most with equivalence in ability to be a top contender.

And the top RW and top VRW flyers agree with that. The only exceptions are most stunted egos that assume whichever discipline they are in MUST be harder.

The pro level of these sports is so far beyond what any 2 or 3 hundred jump wonder can imagine, that it's pretty pointless to discuss it with you.

If you can't appreciate all the disciplines for what they are, then you don't really understand the whole sport.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

but what a leap by saying it must be just as easy to do...I don't think anyone would believe that statement.

Actually, I was saying the VRW must be easier because they move even less (that was tongue in cheek to make the point) - I'd seriously align most with equivalence in ability to be a top contender.

And the top RW and top VRW flyers agree with that. The only exceptions are most stunted egos that assume whichever discipline they are in MUST be harder.

The pro level of these sports is so far beyond what any 2 or 3 hundred jump wonder can imagine, that it's pretty pointless to discuss it with you.

If you can't appreciate all the disciplines for what they are, then you don't really understand the whole sport.

Pretty pointless discussing anything with you....once again with the personal attacks: "The pro level of these sports is so far beyond what any 2 or 3 hundred jump wonder can imagine, that it's pretty pointless to discuss it with you."

"I'd seriously align most with equivalence in ability to be a top contender." And I wouldn't. Freeflying encompasses 4 orientations (2 for a majority of the time) where RW only includes 1. The difference with the other 3 orientations is that your body doesn't naturally orient itself to that position. The equivalent is taking docks while standing on a rocker-board. From personal experience in surfing, I compare the two like short board and long board surfing. We're still surfing the same wave, but in very different manners. And yes, one is more challenging than the other due to the amount of balance needed.

Clearly RW isn't your discipline of choice, but to bust into the RW forum and insult those who have chosen it as their discipline of choice (or one of many disciplines they enjoy doing) reflects poorly on you. We get that you enjoy freefly - I think it's a cool discipline. I also think wingsuiting and CRW and canopy piloting are cool. I love watching a good accuracy competition. The only discipline I currently do is RW, but I have friends who enjoy each of those disciplines and I respect the fact that they love it and respect what they do to improve at it ... that's one of the cool things about the sport is that we can all find something that we dig.

My boyfriend's big into wingsuiting and was on the 71-way jump last year. To be honest, the videos aren't that exciting for me to look at, and I *could* look at that and say "Well, jeez, all you guys are doing is flying *near* each other, you're not even taking any docks!" ... but you know what, I'm fucking impressed with what they've done and how far they've taken the discipline even if I don't get as giddy watching the videos as they do all the time.

And even as a relatively new RW jumper, I can look at what Spaceland Force has done with this jump and be really goddamned impressed.

Here's a story ... at 20 jumps, I was at the tunnel in Perris and sitting with the guy who was about to coach me. He pointed in the tunnel and said "see these guys? They're some of the best skydivers in the world. Watch those two and see how little they move in the tunnel." It was two members of Airspeed coaching two other guys. Even at 20 jumps, I could appreciate the difference in skill between Airspeed and the guys they were coaching (who were pretty good themselves).

I'm just sorry that at many more jumps than I had then you still don't seem to be able to appreciate the skill and hard work it takes to be good at whatever discipline you choose.[:/]

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think they micro-brainlocked (tail perhaps?) on the last 2 seconds... maybe they'd be able to put one more if they didn't? Anybody noticed that too?
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

And I wouldn't.

I doubt you ever got past a novice expectation on your belly (you probably call it the 'deployment position'). So how could I expect you to understand it? There's a whole other level of body control beyond grasping at someone and trying to geek the camera.

I have more FF jumps than you have total - and 3x that many RW and competing.

Other than the total energy in FF being much higher (higher wind velocities require smaller movements, but also give opportunity for more power to use) I find them to be identical in overall concept - for that matter, I'm a better FFer because of the RW time - and vice versa.

It's all just pushing air to make your body do what it takes.

If you really want to be a total body pilot, you have to get over this beginner ego thing and learn from everything in the sport. If you want to call that an insult or a slam, that's up to you - most people take that as just good advice.

But expect to get slammed when you come over to someone else's house and put down their best. What did you expect?

I think they micro-brainlocked (tail perhaps?) on the last 2 seconds... maybe they'd be able to put one more if they didn't? Anybody noticed that too?

they did - and Ian noted it in the brief interview right after - they had a great pace and when they started accelerating at the end, somewhere someone got out of sync

Anyone see Arsenal's 35 points? All 4 team members were constantly turning 360 degrees, rotating the piece, and one member was designated to transition orientations; Now that's impressive!!!! Who was it that was saying VFS has even less movement....yeah you were wrong. Check out the video.

And I wouldn't.

I doubt you ever got past a novice expectation on your belly (you probably call it the 'deployment position'). So how could I expect you to understand it? There's a whole other level of body control beyond grasping at someone and trying to geek the camera.

Other than the total energy in FF being much higher (higher wind velocities require smaller movements, but also give opportunity for more power to use) I find them to be identical in overall concept - for that matter, I'm a better FFer because of the RW time - and vice versa.

If you really want to be a total body pilot, you have to get over this beginner ego thing and learn from everything in the sport. If you want to call that an insult or a slam, that's up to you - most people take that as just good advice.

But expect to get slammed when you come over to someone else's house and put down their best. What did you expect?

Wow....again with more credibility and personal attacks. I saw on other threads guys clearly presenting a better argument against you with the whole RW vs. FF. You continually resort back to I HAVE MORE JUMPS and YOU DON"T KNOW SQUAT. Congrats.

And I wouldn't.

I didn't get in to freeflying until after 150 jumps and I'm glad I did that. I also focused on a lot of RW before that. I am by no means a stud in any respect but I remember talking to my FF coachh and he said you will be glad that you worked so hard at RW early on and encouraged me to still work on it every now and again as it translates into VRW very well and gives me an edge in understand docks and points. FF is what I am focusing my time and money :S on but I still love RW and I refuse to be a skydiver that cannot fly on their belly well enough to go on a 4 way or 8 way and turn some points. I love FF but I totally agree with you on this! I don't even think someone should be allowed to start FF until at least 100 jumps but that just my .02... what do I know... i don't have many jumps and I have TONS to still learn.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com