ltdiver

2009 USPA Nationals

Pretty quiet so far. Not even talk about tthe draw - I'll start:

can't wait to see round 6 (A-N-H-P-O) of course, in and out of the N might be a pain, but not for the great teams, it should be a burner

R4 (G-Q-L-8) - I wonder if there will be any creative engineering on the Q to make it crispier - or which L will be picked to minimize the OC's moves

R5 (B-17-21) - is this a point burner? It looks super fast to me. One could play with a turned B to shorten the random moves in and out, but that would mess with my head.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Spaceland Force just set a new WR in 4way. 45 points. round 6

45 points, lol. Yeah those points looked SUPER difficult. So difficult you don't even have to move...you just touch and retouch 45 times :-)

Everyone I have talked to says the same thing...most boring thing I have ever seen.

Yeah, those guys that are that good make it look that easy. Of course previous world records have been on easy draws too. But before you think it's so easy, go get yourself a 4-way together and see if you can do 1/4 that in time. Check out the advanced scores for the same round. Those are pretty dang good skydivers with the SAME draw.

I suppose it's easy to talk smack sitting at a keyboard though. I'm not into FS but I think it's pretty impressive myself.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Everyone I have talked to says the same thing...most boring thing I have ever seen.

And everyone who says that probably couldn't get 10 points out of that draw. Just because they make it look easy doesn't mean it's actually easy.

- Dan G

CONGRATULATIONS Furies XP!

absolutely - I have friends on all three of those Adv medal teams

CONGRATs

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

45 points, lol. Yeah those points looked SUPER difficult. So difficult you don't even have to move...you just touch and retouch 45 times :-)

this is typical from people who can't dock in control in any orientation (belly, head up, or head down) - I suspect your idea of fun is a trash dive where everyone 'attempts' to get in front of a camera guy for the 2 or 3 seconds to stick tongue out at him

this is typical from people who can't dock in control in any orientation (belly, head up, or head down) - I suspect your idea of fun is a trash dive where everyone 'attempts' to get in front of a camera guy for the 2 or 3 seconds to stick tongue out at him

And you are a typical forum writer; if all else fails and you don't know what you're talking about, attack the other persons credibility.

And everyone who says that probably couldn't get 10 points out of that draw. Just because they make it look easy doesn't mean it's actually easy.

What draw? Is my point. The formation seemed to never change shape. only two of the guys ever came close to turning 90 degrees. the other two were completely stationary.

What draw? Is my point. The formation seemed to never change shape. only two of the guys ever came close to turning 90 degrees. the other two were completely stationary.

And I bet if you were to try this draw you could not stay in place and turn the points. It's all about experience ;)

If you were to watch some of the other teams they'd be moving around a whole lot more. That's a decent part of the skill, is moving the body around as little as possible, and being able to contort yourself so that you can reach right, left, over, without sliding a little.

They're also paying attention to whether the formation is actually complete at each and every point -- you can tell when you see delays in moving to the next point. Those would be busts if they just kept with the rhythm.

I'm not sure I could do that sequence on the ground that quickly.

Champion skiers just go downhill, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And you are a typical forum writer; if all else fails and you don't know what you're talking about, attack the other persons credibility.

only when the other is a newbie hack one discipline amateur that doesn't really appreciate what we can learn from all the disciplines instead of just one

go find a top freeflyer (like eric deren or thomas hughes) and ask them if they think the best VRW and 4-way teams are boring and unchallenged

you attitude is just a rehash of the same old newbie freeflyer stuff we've seen on all the forums - if you were good at your chosen discipline, or actually did multiple disciplines, your tiny ego wouldn't feel the need to belittle the others.

what do you think of CrW and accuracy and freestyle then? At 600 jumps, have you yet bought your 87 sq ft cross brace?

It's pretty obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

Tiger Woods just hits a little white ball with a big metal stick. The ball is just sitting there! How hard can that be?

- Dan G

It's not necessary to attack credibility when the poster clearly displays their lack of knowledge in their own posts.[:/]

My guess is, a few years from now, if your still in the sport, you'll look back at your posts and realize how uninformed they are. You clearly don't understand what you're looking at in those videos and appreciate what it takes to get there. That's blatantly obvious to anyone that does understand.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

It's true. You don't have to move that much, it seems. Simply touch and retouch 45 times. God knows why it takes so many years of jumping and hours in the tunnel to learn that little fact :) I've been spicing up my own skydives with a lot of unnecessary movement for years, maybe this is where I have been going wrong... :-s

Bloody boring world records, it aint fun unless you are GEEKING OR FUNNELLING, everyone knows that. You should have a point docked if you fail to pull a face on exit. (And while we're at it, what's with the boring black or navy suits and predictable white gloves? Where are the go-faster stripes, and Hawaiian or cow-print suits? How about some flames or bikini babes on the helmets? Dull, imagination-free, athletic purist, competitive ba$tards!)
;-)