jcunniff

2-point 107-way at Skydive Chicago during Summerfest 2009

Saturday saw a new Illinois sequential record, as BJ Worth, Roger Ponce DeLeon, Larry Henderson, and other organizers put a 107-way through two points.

Similar to the 252-way sequential planned for Thailand in 2010, the 107-way sequential was built with wackers breaking off and joining other wackers for long spiraling arms around the base. Here's a link to the 2010 World Team sequential dive planned. http://www.theworldteam.com/10_11Sequential_2010.htm

BJ had a personal commitment on Saturday, when the successful formation was built, but Larry called him to tell him of the group's success. Larry also advised him that two jumpers on the dive were injured on landing, when they ended up downwind of the landing area and had off-field landings.

Congrats are due to the group, made up of locals, other US-based jumpers, and foreign jumpers, many of whom are looking for invitations to participate in World Team 2010 and 2011.

Many Dropzone.com regulars participated in the event, and will likely chime in with their stories.

-Jack

The first point

The second point

I don't think still pictures do it justice. Seeing the transition between points adds a lot to the experience.

\

Very cool visual with the river underneath. Great job to all involved. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Does anybody have a good video of this 107-way formation? I bet it was amazing looking... I'll need many more years and jumps before I am able to join you guys, but someday I look foward to having that pleasure.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

Does anybody have a good video of this 107-way formation? I bet it was amazing looking... I'll need many more years and jumps before I am able to join you guys, but someday I look foward to having that pleasure.

DVD is available here

Maybe someone can ask Charles to put just the 2-pointer online somewhere. ;)

DVD is available here

I don't know if this link will work or not but if you have a Facebook account you might be able to view the video here

DVD is available here

I don't know if this link will work or not but if you have a Facebook account you might be able to view the video here

It works. Thanks, Eric.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.