cpoxon

World Team 2010/11 Application is open!

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

And listen to Kate:
"Fill out your WT form correctly the first time. When finishing your WT form hit submit only ONCE. Really. Hitting it more than that creates duplicates in the data base. That annoys me. Applying more than once also creates duplicates. That is also annoying. If you need to make a change contact the webmaster. That will annoy him, but it is better than annoying me. Oh, and have a nice day!" (posted on FB, June 6)

:P
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Actually, I've decided to wait before applying. I want to make sure my resume is filled with more experience first. I'm a rookie in the field of 1000-jump big way jumpers.

As a result of my performance at Guy Wright's New York Premier Sequentials, I just got invited by multiple organizers to the Chicago 40-way sequentials as well as the Texas 50-way sequentials, and a few others. It seems I'm finally on the invitational circuit! If I attend some of these beforehand, I might actually get invited to the 100-way sequential, which I'd want to put on my resume for the World Team application.

This is the e-mail that BJ sent out:

Royal Sky Celebration 2010~2011
12 October 2009

Greetings World Team Skydivers,

It is with a heavy heart and great regret that I inform you World Team ’10 will not take place in January 2010. The Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Air Force has officially decided to “postpone the event for one year.” Exactly what this means for us now, and in the future, I am not sure – other than it is certain that World Team will not be jumping in Thailand in 2010.

The priority of the Royal Thai Air Force is to serve the Kingdom of Thailand in its many official capacities. The RTAF supports auxiliary events, such as Royal Sky Celebrations, when this does not interfere with its official obligations. For the first time in the history of World Team, the RTAF has had to postpone a World Team event due to its official obligations.

The RTAF currently has several C-130s that are being serviced and upgraded with new avionics. Although these aircraft were scheduled to be out of maintenance by the first of the year to support World Team, this will not be the case. Without these aircraft on its flight line, the RTAF cannot fulfill its regularly scheduled missions and support World Team as well.

Please accept my most sincere apology for not being able to ensure that World Team ’10 became a reality. I realize that most of you put the rest of your life on hold, dug deep into your pockets, and whole heartedly committed yourself to World Team. For this, I am eternally grateful.

Rescheduling? At this time, the RTAF wants to postpone this World Team event until January 2011. Bobbie and I will be in Thailand later this week, where we should learn more about the possibility of conducting World Team events in Thailand in the future. Once we have a better idea about what is possible, your sector captain or I will get back to you with the details and options.

Registration Fees: Regardless of what World Team events are planned for the future, everyone who paid registration fees for WT’10 will be entitled to receive their fees back in full. All of these monies are secure. When we decide if this event will be re-scheduled for 2011, we will provide options for money handling based on those plans. We should present these options by early November 2009.

Travel plans: My sincere apologies for any cancellation penalties that you incur. I know this expense is an unexpected burden, and I am truly sorry for this. If you choose to go to Thailand in January anyway, it is a wonderful place to visit even if you are not jumping.

Related Events: I hope the Base Rehearsal will still take place as currently planned. This decision will be up to Tom and Tony – and the members of the Base 60. We still expect Thai Sky Festival to take place in Prachuap in March 2010, with a single C-130. We will confirm this when we are in Thailand next week. The 2009 Kaleidoscope Dives will still take place in DeLand with dual big-way teams – incorporating at least one World Team-based dive sequence.

In Conclusion… For now, I encourage all of us to stay current by actively skydiving, taking part in big-way events, hitting the wind tunnels, and keeping our schedule open for January 2011.

Thank you for believing in World Team. Together, we will find our way forward in the future!

Royal Red, White, and Blue skies,

BJ Worth

Wow. Just wow. That's sad for those who already paid for their flights.

Guess it looks like it's World Team 2012 for me.

Obviously, I could try to make the WT 2011 which is probably reduced to a 250-way, but I hate to steal anybody else's slot, but some will sadly give up their pursuit.

Travelers Insurance is a MUST when traveling overseas for skydiving events.

Might want to check with Kate to see if there will be a WT 2012

Obviously, I could try to make the WT 2011 which is probably reduced to a 250-way, but I hate to steal anybody else's slot, but some will sadly give up their pursuit.

Last I heard WT 2011 is still going to be a 500 way, so don't be too quick to give up a slot. *Pssst...don't think you'll be "stealing" anyone's slot. Those that get slots "earned" them.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

not stealing a slot if you earn it!