padu

Training blocks in the Perris tunnel

work good or are possible? May be two different questions. Perhaps a Fury member can answer. In my experience at Perris, we trained, 3,5,6,7,9,11,14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 21. Some of these can be a bit tricky depending on ability. We also trained some more successfully than others. Some can also be done as 3 ways pretty well (i.e. 15, 21).

Of the blocks you listed, I've never done 18 or 21 in a 12 foot tunnel, but have done 10 and 12 (with the front piece doing a 180 and back piece staying in place just to have another slot switcher).

I don't like doing 3 (usually point just does a 180), 11 (you can't translate the pieces), 15 (too tight, not a realistic shape) and 16 (again, pieces can't translate).

The blocks I have found to work well in a 12 foot tunnel are 5, 6, 7, 9, 14, 17. The ones that work but aren't great are 3, 10, 11, 15, 16.

This is all my personal preference based on flying in Orlando.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I agree with you, except we've had no issues with 15. Sometimes, if the people are a bit new, the OC shouldn't turn, but lurk the finish.

16 is crowded, but fun. Never tried 3, 10, 11

we were a fair to middlin' team - low teens ave

the hotshots might fit more block into a 12 footer

14 footer really opens up the possibilities, and I can't wait to try the 16 some day.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Hey rehmwa, I remember seeing a post here where you grouped the exits into logical transition groups (i.e.: exit E transitions to J) and etc.. The idea was that if you master a selected group of exits, these could transition to anything...

Do you remember the keywords to find that post?
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Wow, I really don't. I'll try to find it some time later. A lot of other - more experienced- types had input to that one too. I learned a bit from that.

I like to think we can launch anything if you follow the basics. The trick is trading off training and consistency. Hate to blow an exit due to unfamiliarity

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's titled "NSL Rookie Team Exits"

I did a search on "E H Exits"

came right up

11 and 18 can be done in a 12-footer, but you need to be very aware of what's going on as you're learning them. They can turn into painful mayhem very quickly. Best to start out by having 2-ways practice their moves separately before putting all four together. Targeting is super important - mistakes that would be harmless in the air the air (i.e., separation of pieces) will get ugly.

21 can be done, but it's very different from how it's normally done in the air. We've done it so many times that I think that our in-air-21 now looks like our 12-foot-tunnel-21.

You can also do 22, but again, it's pretty funky. I was stunned the first time we tried it and it worked. The solos gotta get the hell out of the way (up) and the 2-way better turn on center and stop where it's supposed to.

If you cut down to 3-ways, you can also train parts of 2, 4, 8, and 19.