mdrejhon

Why Wind Tunnels Benefits Big Ways

If there is one beer belgians dislike.. It would be Heineken!

Heineken - piss in a can - only more gross

Criticism of Heineken coming from the country that produces Bud Light is beyond belief!

you drink Bud Light? now that's just nasty

It is, and I don't.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Whoops. A Bonfire/Speaker Corner topic in this thread.

Thread hijacks and drifts happen almost anywhere... :P

Thread drift? Beer has been a feature after every big way I've been on.:)

I only started on bigway events in 2007 at JSPC Netheravon through Skydive Choreography. It was set up and advertised as a bigway beginners event to get more jumpers involved in bigway jumping. I was one of those that had never been on a jump with more than 8 or so people involved. But with the focus on technique and not on rushing to complete the formation it was relatively stress free with everyone learning from it.
Ive had a small amount of tunnel time, less than an hour, over the last year but it helped massively all the same.
A skill I did notice was lacking from not only those new to bigway jumping but also from some of those more experience jumps was the ability to dive efficiently and in a controlled manner. On many jumps I was one of the later divers so had a perfect view of the formation building. A fair few people merely went into a fast fall position and so clearly had not realised what was required of them as a diver. Others attempted a 'steep' track which only put them straight over and beyond the formation. As a result I sometimes arrived in my slot with noone to dock onto as they were still a few 100ft above the formation.
Obviously diving is skill that can only be learnt in the sky and not in the tunnel but it would be worth focusing more on it during dirtdives and when placing jumpers within a formation.
Jumping out of a plane cannot kill you, your choice of landing can!

I only started on bigway events in 2007 at JSPC Netheravon through Skydive Choreography. It was set up and advertised as a bigway beginners event to get more jumpers involved in bigway jumping. I was one of those that had never been on a jump with more than 8 or so people involved. But with the focus on technique and not on rushing to complete the formation it was relatively stress free with everyone learning from it.
Ive had a small amount of tunnel time, less than an hour, over the last year but it helped massively all the same.
A skill I did notice was lacking from not only those new to bigway jumping but also from some of those more experience jumps was the ability to dive efficiently and in a controlled manner. On many jumps I was one of the later divers so had a perfect view of the formation building. A fair few people merely went into a fast fall position and so clearly had not realised what was required of them as a diver. Others attempted a 'steep' track which only put them straight over and beyond the formation. As a result I sometimes arrived in my slot with noone to dock onto as they were still a few 100ft above the formation.
Obviously diving is skill that can only be learnt in the sky and not in the tunnel but it would be worth focusing more on it during dirtdives and when placing jumpers within a formation.

Being able to dive fast is good. Being able to stop in the right place is essential. Being able to track away at break-off saves your life.