cpoxon

500-way - Perris? 2010?

And just how long do you guys think it would take to empty it?

Possibly too long. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but I would say anything more than 15 seconds from the base exit to the last diver would make it incredibly difficult to complete in time, as the last divers has to make up possibly 2000 feet +/-.

Not true! In Point Break, the great skydiving documentary, Johnny Utah waits 15 seconds after Bodhi exits, and he easily catches him. And it was only Johnny's 2nd jump.

And in Terminal Velocity, another documentary, Ditch exits a good 10 seconds after Chris, and she's only about 30 ft below the plane when he gets out the door.

AND, in Get Smart, Anne Hathaway (Mmmmm)....

where was I?

Oh yeah, Anne Hathaway actually goes into the 727 after Steve Carrell exits, she has time to don a rig and a helmet and frown a couple times and THEN exit and catch him - twice

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants