danielcroft

Canadian T barrel roll!

Hehehe, very interesting.

Now, why it happened? I can't see the base and the back on the exit, but it seems that the back was a bit late on the exit, which seems true of the base as well.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

I was inside center.. what i THINK happened, after having viewed the video a bunch of times, was this:

Point was nicely presented, but we have a floaty tail. Tail was either late or floated, causing (helping?) me to de-present into a (relative) headdown attitude which sped us up.

that pushed point's leg forward, rotating her out of presentation and dragging her forward, into a side/sit position in the relative wind. second 14 of the video shows point in a fast-fall position and OC presented, putting torque on the front of the formation.. additionally you can see tail's legs off to the left side of me, adding torque to the back

I held on for deal life, trying to muscle it into position and hold things together.... the muscling didn't so much work, but we flew it pretty well
next time we're gonna try and keep the tail on to score the exit point ;)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Our team flipped a unipod on our first ever competition exit. I'll have to try to get it uploaded someplace. The only dropped grip was our inside center dropped a leg grip about half way through the flip on me (o/s center) but as soon as we flipped back over, he got it.

The look on Solly Williams face (the coach for the meet) on the debrief was priceless.

So, what Jerm is really saying is that we can thank the tail for the coolest (nearly) point they've had thus far.

yup!

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Ya know, I can remember at least one very drunken safety meeting around the fire over 20 years ago where a bunch of us were trying to work out the mechanics of doing such a thing on purpose. Of course we never actually tried it, but I'm glad to see someone finally got it done. Congratulations! B|

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

If you can't enjoy that, you shouldn't be skydiving.

Also watched your PR Boogie vid. Really good. I think the hybrid at 3:30 proves it isn't as easy as it looks. :o

At least I think it was a hybrid.

I hope it was a hybrid?:P

Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Yeah, not me in any of those videos, it's all Jerm et al.

I've posted a video on youtube of how crappy I am if you guys care. It's amusing because I'm jumping with some really really ridiculously good people and I'm not the best. Given my experience they said I was good but it just looks ugly. ;)