BrianM

Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits?

I have a freefly suit from vertical suits. I can vouch for their customer service, communication and a well constructed suit. No idea on their RW suit design, but they're good people.

Janna

I will second this. I have a freefly suit with modified RW grippers. The suit is quality built. And I can not say a single bad thing about their customer sevice. It was nice to recieve an email from Vlady every step of the way.
I will purchase another suit from him in the off season.

I thought I'd post a quick update.

I went ahead and ordered the suit. I got measured by the owner himself :)
The suit fits great (and I need a fairly tight fit as I am fairly skinny). Construction is excellent - this thing is built like a tank.

Only issue: colours were not quite as ordered. All the right colours, but a couple got reversed. Vlady immediately offered to redo it free of charge - he seems very concerned that I am happy with the suit.

I'm not sure if I will get him to fix it, or keep it as is. Photos are attached. The errors: back of legs should be grey instead of blue, and leg grippers should be blue instead of grey (basically the two colours got switched). The last photo is a quick photoshop to change the colours to what I wanted.

Comments on the appearance? The only thing I don't really like is how it looks with the butt being a different colour than what is both above and below (with the back of legs being grey that wouldn't be the case). However, it does look better with a rig on.

"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I'm posting an update for the benefit of anyone doing a search in the future.

I decided to send the suit back. They built a whole new suit from scratch instead of changing the first one, in order to not weaken the suit by resewing the fabric.

The new suit is exactly as I wanted, and it fits perfectly. The construction quality is impressive. Customer service was also great - Vlady was pleasant, responsive to my concerns, and always quick to return phone calls and emails. He wasn't happy until I was happy (and I am happy!).

I will definitely buy from Vertical Suits again.

BingoTrout

How do you feel about the fitment of the booties? I just ordered an rw loose fit and my primary concern is being able to have maximum bootie surface area with an angle between the sole of my shoe and shin bone some where between 90-110 degrees.

You realize that this is a thread from 2008/2009, right? :P

In any case, I have their loose fit RW suit. The fit of the booties is good, but the construction quality, not so much. Both booties had holes around the toe area after only 70 jumps. I always put them on in the boarding area and always remove them under the canopy; never landed with them on. In general, I tried to limit the wear and tear as much as possible, but the Cordura didn't last.

Cost of the repair was quoted at $100 + S/H to replace the front part of both booties. For now, I put my own patches, but sewing in that area is a PITA and the holes are getting bigger.

I'm now looking at either Tony or Bev for my next RW suit. Also, I would recommend against magnets in the collar flap. Not only do they close when you don't want them to, but the stitching that holds the magnets in the correct orientation eventually breaks, allowing them to flip and stick together within the flap. Had to repair this multiple times as well. Velcro would have lasted longer and would have been easier to replace. Just my two cents.

BingoTrout

How do you feel about the fitment of the booties? I just ordered an rw loose fit and my primary concern is being able to have maximum bootie surface area with an angle between the sole of my shoe and shin bone some where between 90-110 degrees.

I don't have the loose fit, but my booties fit perfectly. My wife got a suit from them last year, her booties also fit perfectly (she also doesn't have the loose fit).

mxk

You realize that this is a thread from 2008/2009, right? :P

In any case, I have their loose fit RW suit. The fit of the booties is good, but the construction quality, not so much. Both booties had holes around the toe area after only 70 jumps. I always put them on in the boarding area and always remove them under the canopy; never landed with them on. In general, I tried to limit the wear and tear as much as possible, but the Cordura didn't last.

My 2009 suit is still going strong, complete with intact booties.