stebah

New Tool for 4-way Geeks: Draw Generator

Hi,

I know others have done this before, but I made a tool that randomly generates 4-way draws. It's in excel, and you pick the division and click a button to see the draw that comes up. It will also generate the pictures in a format that prints nicely. If you don't want a random draw but just want to layout the pics for a predetermined draw, it will do that too. Perhaps one advantage over the other links I have seen for this is that you can download to your computer, so you don't need to be online for it.

You can get to the tool through the resources link on the left nav bar of our homepage www.cscrhythm.com: "Draw Generator" or by clicking the "Download here" text in our blog post about it: http://www.cscrhythm.com/blog/blog.html

Check it out, and let me know what you think. Suggestions for improvements are welcome.
Team Website: www.rhythmskydiving.com

Rehmwa is going to cream his pants when he sees this thread.

Stebah--Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!

Editted to add: I just saved this to my jump drive and gave it a test drive. This is awesome! I've been printing off the dive pools from the NSL the last six weeks or so to take to the dz. We've been using to those for our dives. Instead of standing there going "I don't know, what do you want to do?", "I don't know, what do you want to do?", we only have to decide how hard of a dive we want to do and pick a division. This is definitely going on the computer at the dz!!!!! Thank you so much!

It doesn't work for me (of course). I always have issues with all the macros. I gave up on the metrics tracking tool and have to continue to use my original in conjunction with Jan's scoring tool.

Anyway - Print Pool (Omniskore) did a similar thing and was a lot of fun for a while. We even modified the bitmaps to have our personal colors. thought this was about 3 years ago

Now, any old random number generator is fine for when we don't have targetted things to work on. And by now, we know what the pics look like.

I was hoping to see the graphics you used. I gave the dive pool to a local graphics guy recently into 4way. After his updates, he must have the most gorgeous set of dive pool cards I've ever seen.

However, you are like the "Excel KING" - and the resources at your site are super, especially the article links. Between your site and Fasttrax and Mario's old site, I can find almost anything I want. Thanks for that

Any chicago teams looking to join up for 8-way at nats? I see you guys have paired up with an NC team already.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Interesting it doesn't work for you Bill. Perhaps there's a version issue.

The graphics are just shots from the IPC files available on that site.

I'm glad you enjoy our site; we enjoy keeping it relevant.

Not sure about Chicago teams looking to do 8-way, but there are a bunch of teams now, so it's likely you could find one to join up. We're doing 8-way with Sebastian Tempest this year.

Best of luck this year. I checked out some of your video, it looks really nice.

I checked out some of your video, it looks really nice.

It's all right. I wanted to train a lot more than we agreed to. But we're having a great time and the jumps are pretty good considering the low level of effort. They're good guys to jump with. That's hard to find when it's a commit of a whole season.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I made the tool with excel 2003. I know macros can get buggy between versions. I'll see what I can do about that.

One thing is: you have to save it to your computer before opening it. You can't just open it directly from the site. Sounds like it's a version issue though...