ederen

Kelley Fredrickson - US champion skydiver & friend

I couldn't identify a better forum to put this in, but I just wanted to let concerned folks know that Kelley Fredrickson passed (I hate that word) in her sleep last night. Nothing else is really known yet, pending an autopsy, which will probably reveal some physical condition she didn't know she had. She was in great health and had routine flight physicals as part of her naval flight career.

She will be loved and missed by all who knew her. Please send your thoughts and prayers to her family, her brother John (of couchfreaks), and to the members of her team, Fastrax Blue, who were training for the upcoming world meet in France.

-Eric

Shocking and very sad news.
My thoughts and best wishes go out to team mates, family and friends at this difficult time.

I'm not a friend as such, just felt compelled to pass on my condolences on the loss of a fellow skydiver in such a sudden and unexpected fashion.
www.southparc.co.uk

when i got the news about kelley, this was the first image of her that popped in my head... big smile, hanging with all the boys, drinking vodka while wearing a big fuzzy hat and coat in the russian bar in vegas... and i'm sure talking smack and laughing loudly. :D

her wonderful laugh, bright eyes, and fiery spunk will be greatly missed... :(

-lianne

"how many cats can wear boots? honestly?"

The service will be in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday May 31, 2008. There will be a viewing Friday night.

Sorry that no further funeral info is available at this time, I will update here once the exact details are released.

In lieu of flowers the family would like her friends to make a donation to the Susan B. Kohlman Breast Cancer Foundation. Kelley's mother died of breast cancer when Kelley was 20 years old.

-Eric

Copy of original post made by Kelley's brother Jon (Mr Hixx) here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3218990;page=unread#unread

Friends and Skydivers,

Thank you for the support via phone, email, myspace. I apologize if I haven't responded to all of you. It has been a busy couple of days making arrangement for Kelley's return to Omaha.

The following Memorial arrangements should not change that I have listed below. So, come with and open heart and share as Kelley would have wanted. I look forward to seeing all who can attend.

Brother Jon

Viewing: May 30th 6:00pm- 10:00pm

Crosby Burkett Funeral Home
11902 West Center rd.
Omaha, NE 68134
402-333-7200

Funeral May 31st 10:00am

Dundee Presbyterian
5312 Undewood ave.
Omaha, NE 68134

Burial to follow after Service

Forrest Lawn Cemetary
7909 Mormon Bridge rd.
Omaha, NE 68152

Reception after burial, those who do not want to attend the burial may remain after the service for the reception.

Dundee Presbyterian
5312 Undewood ave.
Omaha, NE 68134

Additional Information (Recap from above post):

In lieu of flowers the family would like her friends to make a donation to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Kelley's mother died of breast cancer when Kelley was 20 years old. http://www.komen.org

Still so unreal... :(

pending an autopsy, which will probably reveal some physical condition she didn't know she had. She was in great health and had routine flight physicals as part of her naval flight career.

[:/]
What was the result of this autopsy? If a young woman died at this age (my age), i simple ask me why.

Thanks

pending an autopsy, which will probably reveal some physical condition she didn't know she had. She was in great health and had routine flight physicals as part of her naval flight career.

[:/]
What was the result of this autopsy? If a young woman died at this age (my age), i simple ask me why.

Thanks

Patience. Autopsy results can take up to 6 months. I have a friend who lost her teen daughter and just got results a few days ago, ironic as it was, it happened to be her daughters birthday when she received the autopsy results.[:/]
Hang in there. Results of Kelley's cause of death determination will be posted when its available.