blackout

Belly RW dead?

The skydiving tent is big enough for everyone!

Just got back from the P3 Big Way Camp myself and had a blast. As others have said they will be doing a 100 way camp starting in a couple of days with 200 people.

At my home DZ, belly flying is very much alive and well as is Freefly and CRW.

What are you doing to get Belly RW going at your home Drop Zone?

Too easy to play the victim and let life pass by.

Grab it by the nuts and make something happen!

Blue ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Guess you haven't met Mark Brown, Darryld Light, Bob Fergason,

Yes I have and done a number of fun jumps with them while in Perris, and when @ The Farm I get on Stone loads or Andy ways.:P

There aways good fun jumps.

To get on good fun jumps I travel to places where you don't have to deal with any "bowling league style" wannabee's who all think their the next airspeed in training who show up and prance around expecting a whole dz to kiss their ass and worship the ground they walk on with all their special needs, like opening the dz early, passes @ 10K, debreif rooms at a dz that don't have that shit, setting up league meets at 182 dz's without informing them till the last minute and then, when two dzo's move around and do a bunch of shit to provide a turbine AC the 3 or 4 team decide the door on a beech 99 isn't good enough for them to run the meet, and they all pack up their shit and leave without regard for any of the bullshit people went through to get them a plane, let alone the other jumpers who showed up to jump a turbine and got watch the plane leave because the min. just walked out the door for a tail gate.

It's fucking jumping out of a plane, society as a whole could care less how many points you can turn, you make no major contributions to society, like a cure for cancer or AIDS. If asked to drop a student @ 3.5 k to help the dz out you reply " I have to concentrate" and then get pissed when someone dose a woohoo on take take off and spend the whole ride taking invisable grips and giving the evil eye to those who are having fun and bitch about the camera men who are in back filming tandems. Got news for you, no one gives a fuck about your special needs other then those DZO's who kiss your ass and stroke your ego.

It's people like this who are a major turn off to lowtimers and staff who have to deal with your "little league" meet for the day while you strut around acting like your hot shit, when in fact most will never medal at nationals or ever be the next airspeed.

Many of those I speak of could learn a lot from the Anthony Stones or Mark Browns, Darryld Light, Bob F.
Bob Strum, Larry Henderson, Scotty Carbone, Popsjumpers of the skydiving world. This one reason you see so many students get an A and want to hang with the free flyers and not want to do RW at a lot of dz's. People work real jobs and put up with uptight anal retentive pricks all week long and they go to the dz to HAVE FUN and make a few good jumps, swap a few lies over beers blow off all the bullshit of the real world, not bring it with them to the dz or deal with those types while there.

Yes there are still those places where fun jumping can be found and no one will cry about a wrong grip or someone going low or flying the wrong slot, but there getting harder to find in places with friendly faces.

Wait...who is being uptight and judgmental here?

There are people out there who don't find it fun to jump out and flail around every single jump. There are people out there who ENJOY success and turning points. So why am I not allowed to have my fun? To me, the most fun I could have at the DZ is a training jump or a learning jump or a competition jump. How am I ANY different than you?

Re-read your post then tell me who is being uptight here. I have NO problem with the folks you mentioned or the jumps they do.

However, it's MY choice, and you will rarely find me on their loads. *shrug*

Re-read what Rehmwa posted. he's dead on the money.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Re-read what Rehmwa posted. he's dead on the money.

Yeah, I'm good at that. I like dead money.

{{Actually, I thought it was a really nicely done rant. Ranting well is a gift, a marvelous and wonderful gift.

And the rant really was dead on for a VERY small proportion of certain skydivers even though it's definitely NOT restricted to belly flying}}

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>like opening the dz early, passes @ 10K, debreif rooms at a dz that don't
>have that shit . . .

None of which sounds all that bad to me. We had the DZ open at 7am all last week to film a Honda commercial. Team rooms are always a problem but there's usually a solution (like a tent with a TV.) Passes at 10K are great; makes the load much more comfy for everyone else, and reduces traffic in the landing area.

>It's fucking jumping out of a plane, society as a whole could care less
> how many points you can turn . . .

Society could care less as a whole whether you have fun jumping or turn 25 points in time. Come to think of it, they could care less whether you jump at all. So we all do what turns us on. For some it's pickup loads where the goal is to have fun and not kill anyone, for some it's becoming the best FS skydiver they can be - even if other people make fun of them for it.

>Got news for you, no one gives a fuck about your special needs other
>then those DZO's who kiss your ass and stroke your ego.

Well, to be fair, no one gives a fuck about your special needs and your requirement that they behave a certain way at a dropzone either. People do what they enjoy.

>People work real jobs and put up with uptight anal retentive pricks all
>week long and they go to the dz to HAVE FUN and make a few good jumps . . .

And some come to make a lot of good jumps with their teams. Nothing wrong with that. There's room for all sorts in this sport.

There's room for all sorts in this sport.

You are wrong. I've seen the light. It's important to recognize true viewpoints from illusion.

Now excuse me. I have to go and cut off my booties and replace my big gripper fillers with tootsie rolls (a more traditional and 'fun appropriate' size and it's good to have a snack at all times). I promise to practice sticking my tongue out for the cameraman I plan to rush and almost kill on each dive.

Also, I need to throw away my freefly suit and get some old jeans and a freak brothers t-shirt.

I had no idea......it's going to be so much more fun just doing rodeo jumps and horny gorillas for the next 20 years.

Now that's a good rant.;)

{muttering} where the hell did I leave my frap hat? this full face just won't do.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's fucking jumping out of a plane, society as a whole could care less how many points you can turn, you make no major contributions to society, like a cure for cancer or AIDS. If asked to drop a student @ 3.5 k to help the dz out you reply " I have to concentrate" and then get pissed when someone dose a woohoo on take take off and spend the whole ride taking invisable grips and giving the evil eye to those who are having fun and bitch about the camera men who are in back filming tandems. Got news for you, no one gives a fuck about your special needs other then those DZO's who kiss your ass and stroke your ego

That is perfect....no wait...thats ME!!

It's Stumm...Bob Stumm.

I have the priveledge and honor of jumping with Bob Stumm and Mary Bauer every weekend that they aren't off doing their big ways and commercials at other dzs. It was heart breaking to go to some other dzs and realize that every dz is not like Skydive Wissota, that the skydiving culture at Wissota is not like that everywhere.

Now if I could just hit that darn lottery so I could buy Bob his Otter.

The people I'm talking about you won't find @ PVA.

Uhhh....last i checked Daryld Light, Mark Brown, and Bob ferguson all jump at Perris.

And their loads are often full.

Guess i'm confused here...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

It's Stumm...Bob Stumm.

Excuse me, it's "Uncle Bob" and he's putting my daughter through college, one jumpsuit purchase at a time. :P:P

Just one at a time??? Hmm...I guess that new jumpsuit he was sporting last weekend wasn't a Skimmer.:ph34r::ph34r:;):P:ph34r::D

But you have to give some credit to Mary. She's the one that keeps selling his jumpsuits to students that fit them for cheap. And of course, because the 50 jumpsuits in his corner aren't enough, he has to keep replacing each one sold by buying two more.

And Remi--His head can't get too big. We only have 182s. It won't fit if it does.

On second thought...maybe we should keep pumping his ego. Then he'll have to get an Otter:).

Seems from looking at the boards and the general mentality that belly flying is nothing more than a necessary transition to freeflying. I am relatively new to the sport and I happen to love RW but it seems like a dieing art. What do you think?

If RW is dead, what am I going to do with my 4 rw jumpsuits? Next time you're at CK, look me up. You can have me paged ( Steve Love) or just listen for my big mouth.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Just one at a time??? Hmm...I guess that new jumpsuit he was sporting last weekend wasn't a Skimmer.:ph34r::ph34r:;):P:ph34r::D.

not for lack of an offer - he called on a Friday and wanted it for the next Monday - but made from material not in stock and not available in this area. Too bad, it would have been cool to have a suit in a TV commercial. Next time.

But really, there's something creepy about making a suit for Uncle Bob that doesn't have some neon green in it. Let alone an all red one. :P

I hope they had a great time, those events sound cool. He gets to have a lot of "fun jumps" despite (or in spite of) having a lot of time in competitive RW as well.

>But really, there's something creepy about making a suit for Uncle
>Bob that doesn't have some neon green in it. Let alone an all red one.

Fear not. By the end of the shoot I don't think a single person was in his or her original suit - and I think Bob managed to sneak a green-grippered suit in on some loads . . .

Thank you for that info. I haven't been able to sleep for days. :D

It's fucking jumping out of a plane, society as a whole could care less how many points you can turn, you make no major contributions to society, like a cure for cancer or AIDS. If asked to drop a student @ 3.5 k to help the dz out you reply " I have to concentrate" and then get pissed when someone dose a woohoo on take take off and spend the whole ride taking invisable grips and giving the evil eye to those who are having fun and bitch about the camera men who are in back filming tandems. Got news for you, no one gives a fuck about your special needs other then those DZO's who kiss your ass and stroke your ego

Sh*t that's everyone I know! (Are there loads out there where this doesn't occur? What do you do on the way to altitude without your invisible grips???)

Sh*t that's everyone I know! (Are there loads out there where this doesn't occur? What do you do on the way to altitude without your invisible grips???)

Never pass up an opportunity to take a nap.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Emma, you perfectly fit into this description ... just trying to imagine you and your teammates going for a ride to altitude with mean expression on your faces ... poor fun jumpers should be terrified ... :P

hehe i love this thread ;)

Guess you haven't mvvet Mark Brown, Darryld Light, Bob Fergason,

It's fucking jumping out of a plane, society as a whole could care less how many points you can turn, you make no major contributions to society, like a cure for cancer or AIDS. If asked to drop a student @ 3.5 k to help the dz out you reply " I have to concentrate" and then get pissed when someone dose a woohoo on take take off and spend the whole ride taking invisable grips and giving the evil eye to those who are having fun and bitch about the camera men who are in back filming tandems. Got news for you, no one gives a fuck about your special needs other then those DZO's who kiss your ass and stroke your ego.

With high end prostitutes selling for only $1500 an hour (Madam Heidi Fleiss's rate for her girls) you damn well better get close to perfection for $2000 an hour which is the price tag attached to free-falling from airplanes assuming $25 jump tickets and 45 seconds of working time. This is especially true now that you can get spend an hour in a wind tunnel with 3 of your friends for less than a tenth that at under $200 each.

Some people are reasonably flexible on "close to perfection." I'd like my planned formations to build once for difficult jumps and repeat a few times for simpler ones. Some people are more particular (total formation repeats in the double digits, first digit not a 1) and others less (just want to see each other in freefall and not die).

Obviously the situation figures into this. People expect value for their money. I love spending $5 on a plate of Tacos, but for $25 I want filet mignon.Skydiving as cheap as possible with actual costs split on a club plane I'd go as far as packing students to get them on there to pay their share. When paying for a DZO's fleet of aircraft and cars anything which detracts from my jumps is just an unnecessary value decrease.

Its not dead yet, but it'll wain in popularity over decades and be replaced by newer versions of the sport. Its an evolution. Why do we have "Classic Accuracy" now? Why are there updated versions of the board game Monopoly (with credit cards...)?

New jumpers generally want to do what the other regulars and their friends are doing. Swooping, belly, ground launch, BASE, whatever. The gear allows for the boundaries to be pushed a bit more. This isn't like soccer (or football for those outside the US) where there isn't room for technology to make the game more challenging and interesting.

Also...there are asshats in all disciplines, no exceptions.