vtskydivescott

Trying to stay with the little skydiver

If you would stop wrecking yourself on your snowboard, more training with the teenager you would have :P

(PS - Get those webbed gloves, no-one will laugh at you. I promise. No, really. Go on.)

I was going to actually wear a long sleeved t-shirt over my suit.

As your hubby says, dress for success!

I was able to sit down and talk with Tony when I had my suit made for me. My jumpsuit has a liner in the arms to create more drag as well as the ballistic material on the booties. Having a suit that was made for me has helped out immensly.

Also I know someone else mentioned it, but fly mantis position. Also the BPA has an excellent manual for FS on their web site check this out good stuff especially the stuff on body position http://www.bpa.org.uk/training%20manuals/The%20FS%20Student%20Manual.doc

Also as someone else mentioned go to the tunnel. If you jump in VT just cross the boarder into NH. I plan to get some more tunnel time in this year
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Fallrate is a mutual responsibility.
Choose your jump-partners so you have a chance.
Do do tunnel and / or coached jumps to achieve a body-position change. I find with many fastfalling students of mine, that learning a correct slowfall body positition is the key.

You need to be able to arch or you cant fly your body well. SURFACE AREA is everything Get baggy sleeves on your arms (you can buy them as pull-on´s). Get efficient booties (I can recommend Bevs) and get your arms and LEGS OUT INTO THE WIND.;)
Slowfall material on jumpsuit and this being well fitted (not too tight) is an obvious need.

Edit to add that the correct body position Im talking about is mantis... With arms and legs well out pushing air. Remember to stretch wrist (toes positively pointed towards the sky) like the ballerrina, to max bootie-effects.

I was going to actually wear a long sleeved t-shirt over my suit.

Nobody looks foolish wearing a sweatshirt above a jumpsuit, in a completed 49-way. I'm sure webbed gloves would help too. My first 49-way had at least one of each, I think.

I am trying to practice more mantis, tunnel time really helps to untrain boxman and train to mantis. I'll agree that stretching out all the fingers, and toes out like a ballerina helps. Maximum area to the wind. Lots to learn, lots to practice, I think I can still fall a whole 5-10 miles per hour slower than I currently do.

:)
If you don't look good in Spandex, you shouldn't wear it! On the other hand, if you do look good, you should be in it if you need it to keep up with your friends. Pass that on to your fellow smaller skydivers and see if over some time, they don't speed up to keep up with you. You are not the only fast falling skydiver out there. They will need to keep up with fast fallers other than you. Perhaps they will do so.

On a more practical note, see if Bev Suits will sew some swoop cords in and keep a "relaxed" arch.

I weight 155# and I'm sure I can fly with you and would be happy to jump anytime!

Blue skies!

Just my .02...

Fall fast[\b]. The fastest faller sets the rate. Everyone else, keep up or wear weights. Fly a box, with a reasonable arch. If you're arched too hard, it's going to cause problems with grips in the center. If the skinny guys don't want to wear weights, find someone else to jump with. If you're dearching to keep up, you're jumping with the wrong guys...
We are all engines of karma