ltdiver

2007 USPA Nationals!

Ladies and Gents! U.S. Nationals is less than one week away!

I myself will not be there this year, but I'll be glued to Omniskore, NSL, and Skydive Chicago's web sites to try and keep up with the pulse.

(yes, I have the time off work, but didn't dedicate to a team this year.)

Spoke with Fury team member Josh Hall yesterday and they're on their way there soon. Several 4-way and 8-way teams from Perris will be attending. From Intermediate to Open.

It's time to start the cheering of our favorite teams!

Go Fury!!! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Share of Team room, car, hotel etc approx. $600
flights to chicago $297
10 rounds of 4way per competitor $190

Getting to see friends that I only see at random events miles from home.... PRICELESS!

Looking forward to seeing some wonderful peeps.... and having some fun jumping...

TWO DAYS TO GO ;)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Perris Moxie. 8 kick-ass gals on a kick-ass team. That's all that needs to be said.

look out!

:ph34r:

Best looking 8-way team, ever! :)
Go Moxie!

ltdiver

It means nothing without pictures!:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hey you!! No, no Foxes.. :P

A couple of us will be there with our seperate ventures though.

Pam will be there with her 8 way team from Cross Keys though and I will be there with my 4way team from Chester SC.

I cant think of a better way to have some fun in the air and hangout with some of your best skydiving buddies!

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Checking the weather forecast. :|Ottawa, Illinois Hopefully enough holes for at least 2 days of 4-way?

If the weather moves in would they move on to 8-way even if 4-way hadn't completed on Monday? Seem that the Competition Manual allows for this. Only one round required to complete a discipline. :|

ltdiver

Well, the first day of 4-way is underway. I think we're about to start round 5. Weather is great. If this pace keeps up they might have time to get 8 rounds in today, but scuttlebutt has it stopping at 7. (That's with around 58 teams!)

Open draw isn't very fast; no burner rounds. No serious injuries I've seen. SDC has so far done a great job accommodating all the competitors.

Looks like alot of fun you're having there, Bill! B| I'm glued to the internet here, watching the 'action' as best I can. Wish Jan could post some more pics. Seems that Tim was called to judging duties.

Speaking of Jan. I was reading on her Omnibits Page something rather interesting...

The cameraflyer for "Team Twisted" got a 20% penalty? Now I know this technique isn't the best way of going about garnering points for your team, but what's up with this "20% Penalty Rule". I've never heard of it before. :S

edit: Just re-read the 2007 Competition Manual and did -not- find this 20% Rule Jan referred to in her script. Not even for 10-way (which I thought she -might- be referring to, in error).

Here's the Comp. Manuals for your review, too:

http://www.uspa.org/publications/manuals.pdf/2007_SCM_1-5.pdf

http://www.uspa.org/publications/manuals.pdf/2007_SCM_6-13.pdf

ltdiver

Interesting. Jan's Omnibit's Page gives this explanation of the 20% Rule:

"4:30
A lot of people are asking what the 20% rule is. Basically, it says if the video does not show the exit, so the judges know when to start the clock, your score is reduced by 20% of the points that are shown in the video. They sort of guess when to start the clock. It's in the IPC rules. It took the judges awhile to find the rule for the competitors that asked about. They knew the rule cold. "

Interesting. So, an IPC rule can be adopted at a USPA event, even though it's not in our Competition Manual...:|

I understand a judge's frustration over not being able to know when to start the clock, however shouldn't this be adopted, in written form, in the USPA manual to be able to invoke it here? Remember when the "One Round Rule" was written into the IPC Comp. Manual, and USPA had to write it in theirs to use it? :P

ltdiver