Merkur

World team 2006 - DVD Release

Rumours predict the DVD release this weak!!! B|
M.

This week?! Gee, that happened faster then I thought:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The "close to final"- version was shown on March 17, 20.00 local time at Wing 5 (formerly Wing 53) Airbase in Prachuap, Thailand.

Cool stuff!!!

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

And no, I don't know when the final version will be done. It's supposingly pretty soon (like a month or two).

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Chester (real name Eric Schaechter) who was in sector 11 has made an unoffical DVD of World Team 2006.

I'll take a copy along to the big-way sequentials at Z-hills next week if anyone wants to see it.

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)

hey saskia

was that the one i did (sector 11)?

otherwise just pm me your address and i will gladly send you guys a copy of it - sometime... (i am slow with these "low-priority" things as i moved to Berlin last month and will be moving to Sydney in a couple of months...)

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

And no, I don't know when the final version will be done. It's supposingly pretty soon (like a month or two).

O.K. that was probably somewhat too optimistic.
Last info I have, that the final editing team in Moscow was down due to some crazy flu they had. But again, this was back in April.

Perhaps they put the DVD in the goodie bag of next World Team :P

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

The "close to final"- version was shown on March 17, 20.00 local time at Wing 5 (formerly Wing 53) Airbase in Prachuap, Thailand.

Cool stuff!!!

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

M.

Bump. Anybody heard when the DVD will be despatched? Coming up to 18 months now.[:/]

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)

Hey Gordon - good to read you man!

As for the oficial DVD... didn't you hear that usually they send it a month or so before the next World Team, to get people motivated? :P:P

In all honesty, I am eager to get it too...

I recently got an email from Mark asking whether anyone had documented the "bear wars". Of course there are a million still pictures, but does anyone have video of that?

I very often think of the great time I had on the british sector in '06. And like many others, when I do, I miss Taz :(

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

Latest rumor is that the DVD is ready for shipment to all WT '06 members NOW. All should be hearing from their Sector Captains with details.

Kevin K.
Super Sector 6

Latest rumor is that the DVD is ready for shipment to all WT '06 members NOW. All should be hearing from their Sector Captains with details.

Kevin K.
Super Sector 6

Sector 11 just received an email (as I'm sure all sectors did) asking to confirm postal addresses as the DVD delivery is "very close" and they are preparing the labels to slap on them and ship them out!

Unfortunately, the UK is currently in the grip of a postal strike and the unions are threatening one every week until Christmas! >:(
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

This is from BJ's e-mail yesterday on the Kaleidoscope Dives commentary:

Until next year, then, I wish you all a happy holiday season.

Safe skies,

bj

PS: For those of you on World Team '06, you will be getting a special present in the coming weeks - finally!

So... what's next? how many? where? when?

I think the next WR is slated to be a 500 way. At least, that is what the Bigway camps are preparing for. :o

Holy Crap! And to think that there was a time when people thought the 200 way was impossible to do! Then again, with the 500 way, I'd think all that needs to be done is use the exact same formation of the 400 way, and add an extra wacker in each quadrant on the outside. ;) But you'd still have to completely re-organize the plane loads.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

500 is now only a dream, nothing is slated.

Yeah, but don't they all start as a dream...

My DVD was mis-routed in the mail and I finally saw it last night. Nice work by everyone involved in filming and production. Mant thanks to all for the great memories.B|

Kevin K.