kirkverner

Team Paraclete Training

We've found 8-ways are fine - we have a couple of intermediate 8-way teams training out of one regularly. And if you've ever been involved with a junior 8-way team, you can probably appreciate how long it takes them to stack up!

However, trying to stack a 16-way up like you would with an Otter is asking for trouble. If you're putting 5-6 + camera outside, you neglect to have most inside jumpers stay near the pilot, and have a slow stack-up, you can stall the aircraft. Doesn't help that the static pitot is in the burble created by the outside jumpers.

My perspective is based on several hundred jumps out of a 750XL over the last 18-24 months.

edit#2: I believe that early aircraft had the battery behind the CofG. Newer examples have the battery up the front, making life much easier for all concerned.

If anyone needs more info, PM me and I can put you in touch with the DZ manager or with some of the pilots.

Thanx for all the info on the 750, I've only had a handful of jumps out of the one at Raeford and hadn't really gotten to try and 4 or 8 way out of it yet
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

How many jumpers will they fly the PAC with? We're planning on bringing down our 4-way team for a day or two, but is an 8-way plus camera and a 4-way plus camera too many people for the PAC? (would be 14... unless the paraclete guys jump 2 cameras?)

a 4 & 8 way team each with a camera is OK, 14 people is standard for us at SkyDance and 15 frequently and very occasionally 16 is also done if needed/wanted.

....and for you NorCal skydivers we are doing formation loads out of our 2 PAC's this weekend, come play.

Team Paraclete is training March 19-22 at Raeford Parachute Center so the PAC 750 will be flying a minimum of 12 loads a day. We will have open dirt dives for anyone wanting to observe and learn the techniques we'll be working on that week. We will also be doing a sunset load with anyone thats on the DZ after we're done training. Hope to see you there.

look here - I can't keep cancelling class - eventually the administration is going to wise up and fire me!!!

:S:S
Scars remind us that the past is real

I'm sure Kirk will provide a better prospective on this, but I will say that we had a pilot whose response to our comments that we were going to try and put 10-12 people in and at the door was "Only a pu$$y couldn't fly this plane with that many people in the door."

I still have my footage from the camera step of the plane pitching up and everyone peeling off the plane in ones and twos. :D

HEHEHEHEHE....I've been on the outside (thankfully) for two of the stalls. Each time we had 6 in the door and everyone else bunched aft of the wing spar. Fun times!!!

If the pilot is warned he can compensate but then its hell on the front float.

S.
Scars remind us that the past is real

How many jumpers will they fly the PAC with? We're planning on bringing down our 4-way team for a day or two, but is an 8-way plus camera and a 4-way plus camera too many people for the PAC? (would be 14... unless the paraclete guys jump 2 cameras?)

lj, i think Paraclete is a 4-way team this year.(??)

Okay, The weather looks good for Thursday ...anyone wanna come out and play. I've got the day off and I'm looking for an excuse to come down from Raleigh. I'll bring my rw and camera stuff.

Kirk, Is Andy bringing the lovely Kelly? I miss that crazy girl.

karen

Here, I got those answers for ya buddy, I'll hit em up in order.

Yes, most of the time, for the most part, some goofy guy that likes martinis(which makes him good in my book!), where else would they build a monster, and only if they're full of tasty goodness.

Hope that helps!!

So where ya been, I haven't seen ya lurking in quite a while.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

OC

I know what slot you fly Kirk:P

Or does Fast also fly OC??

haha.. That is funny. I don't think there is any way he could have known, but yes I do fly OC.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I used to fly OC as well, tons of fun but I kind of like the extra work I pick up being on tail. I tried tail for the first time last spring, did some 2 on 2 with Kirk as my piece partner, lots of fun.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I used to fly OC as well, tons of fun but I kind of like the extra work I pick up being on tail. I tried tail for the first time last spring, did some 2 on 2 with Kirk as my piece partner, lots of fun.

We mixed up slots in this last weekend camp in Lone Tree - It's been years since I flew IC. It was particularly tough flying a whole session of a dive in IC, then going back and flying the next session OC with the exact same dive. My point ended up mixing point, OC, AND tail during the camp to accommodate our flyer combinations (we had two points with only one cross trained to OC - my point partner, one OC cross trained to point - me, and a tail and an IC. The tail is a VERY good flyer) so a couple of us had to be flexible.

Lone Tree operation - fantastic tunnel, the only thing it was missing with a place to creep. And it seemed (felt, and I might be imagining things) that the hands on the throttle was consistently a bit to active for my tastes and my crew (though I suspect the team was working to get some of my floaty crowd down in picture - which was our job as flyers). The tunnel team was fantastic and everyone had great attitudes. We also got to meet Kirk and Samer. My daughter had a great experience and this was the first year that she just let it out and wasn't even a little scared.

I think I had about as good a time this camp just doing some coaching and playing about with friends as I do when it's the 4-way team. Even if the sessions didn't always flow as smoothly as with the team.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants