kirkverner

Team Paraclete Training

Team Paraclete is training March 19-22 at Raeford Parachute Center so the PAC 750 will be flying a minimum of 12 loads a day. We will have open dirt dives for anyone wanting to observe and learn the techniques we'll be working on that week. We will also be doing a sunset load with anyone thats on the DZ after we're done training. Hope to see you there.

ParacleteXP

I wonder what the Raeford area job market is like :P.

Lots of stuff happening - someone obsessive about 4-way could learn a ton.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey Kirk, how are you liking the PAC for 4 way exits?

Note: we're nowhere near Kirk's level.

Think of a Caravan door with a little less height. If you have a tall IC, they may have to get closer to the door to exit cleanly. Otherwise it's just fine and dandy.

Note: we're nowhere near Kirk's level.

practice, practice, practice

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's fine. A little smaller than the Otter but basically the same.

Can you take anything in the divepool out the door or does it limit you on a few exits?

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

That's what I wanted to hear;)

Good luck with the training camp Kirk.

Just to add, that my team jumps out of a pac and we have been following along with AZAS style exits and have been able to take everything we wanted to out of the pac even at our much lower skill level.

When you do get into an otter eventually, it really seems like you have a lot of room to work and everything seems to transfer well.

Kirk do you guys use the extra step on the pac? (i would think yes)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I have had a little time on my hands while they build the monster

So, I will tell Mel that you have had time for household duties, ie cleaning, laundry and cooking;););)

On a serious skydiving note, does the PAC have a problem with it's centre of gravity or is that an ugly rumour that is going around? (I remember a few years back when it was first manufactured, a 4 way was the most that could be launched and everyone else had to stay behind the line).

Liz

I'm sure Kirk will provide a better prospective on this, but I will say that we had a pilot whose response to our comments that we were going to try and put 10-12 people in and at the door was "Only a pu$$y couldn't fly this plane with that many people in the door."

I still have my footage from the camera step of the plane pitching up and everyone peeling off the plane in ones and twos. :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I haven't done any 8 way out of it yet. But...I know they have reservations about alot of people in the back. The pilot here keeps it in a nose down attitude when we do big way loads so I'm sure its pretty trick. I will call Ray Ferrel and find out exactly what the operators are experiencing. While doing 4 way we have had not a single issue.

ParacleteXP

I would be lying if I said it hasn't happened to us at SkyDance but with a good pilot once he's experienced how the plane behaves with a 14-15 way lineup you usually have no problems. I can't remember the last time it happened.
Key, for jumpers, is turn co-pilot seat around and take the right hand (looking forward) bench out for anything over 8.
We are regularly taking out a "standard" 8-way launch here, 6 outside, incl camera, and 3 inside. Inside is a little tight but launch/line up almost the same as an Otter.

Does raeford have wireless access? If so, I may just move down there for the week. ;-)

Yes, but connectivity is frequently affected by Go-Go the cat's level of interest in the wireless antenna at any given moment. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.