gaillou

valentine's $ meet 2007

Nobody will beat ASO, NOBODY!!!:)
Maybe Betsy will chime in as teams start to register and tell us if there are any other pro teams planning on showing up. PLEEEEEEEASE Betsy;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Maybe Betsy will chime in as teams start to register and tell us if there are any other pro teams planning on showing up. PLEEEEEEEASE Betsy;)

There were quite a few teams training last weekend.... Not sure who will still be around next week.
Remster

there are indeed other "pro teams"... ;)
Guillaume

French 4-way & 8-way suporter

there are indeed other "pro teams"...

AHHHH, you all keep saying that but no one will say who exactly;)

You seem like a smart guy, well, smart enough :)

On top of them, some serious Italian and Russian teams were training last week, but it wasnt the Black Cats or Sinapsi (they're still the National team in italy, are they?)
Remster

You seem like a smart guy, well, smart enough ... Maybe if you look at the profile of the guys who's posting you could figure it out...

I knew there would be some of the European teams in town, I was kinda wondering about US teams from the East coast.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Remy much as I love you, I have to...

stick up for GQ hereB|

In previous years, teams traing for medals at Nationals would start off their training year at the Valentine's Meet knowing that they would be competing against the 2 top teams - Airspeed and the Golden Knights. This would have the bonus of seeing how a "new" team will cope in a competitive level and also for established teams see what the mean standard is.

If my interpretation of the above is wrong, please don't flame me :|

Guillaume - you know I have a soft spot for the French!!!

Remy, send my love to Karen for me.

Liz

Guillaume - you know I have a soft spot for the French!!!

Liz

So do I ;)

Just so you two know, medicine has come a long way in recent years, and I think they have a cure for that soft spot nowadays:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

the NSL website just posted a little snippet about the V day meet, it talked about the meet the last few years. It also mentioned the international teams that will be competing this year, it's gonna be a great meet, good luck to everyone competing, even you crazy European types;)

My money is still lon AS BTW:)
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

So, what are the scores so far? Looked at Omniskore (only a title on the page right now, after noontime!) :| Looked at NSL's page (no update since the 15th). [:/] Looked at AZ's page (nothing there either).

So, how's it going there? Rumor has it that the French had a video bust on a round. B| And that was after posting a 27 on Round 1?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

omniscore has been updated!
http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2007/valentines/2007_valentines.htm
As of 1400:

Open
Team Rd1 Rd2
401 Russia Crossroads 14 11
402 Italy Spin 18 13
403 Arizona Airspeed 24 21
404 Perris Fury 25 19
405 France Maubeuge 27 15
406 Arizona Direct 18 16
407 Texas Havoc 13 9
408 Arizona Divewerkz 17 12
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Regarding Airspeed, the new line up is Craig, Mark, Andy Delk and Eliana with the alternate being Eric Gin.

Andy Honigbaum is nowhere to be seen and was invited onto Airspeed a couple of years before Andy D and Eric. What is the story?????:

Also Todd is back skydiving at a competitive level ......

Saying that, the Valentine's Meet is proving to be all that is expected in the first high class competition of the season.

Liz

What are the W's for?

Divewerkz and Directe withdrew from the competition. I sent an e-mail to the judges, asking why. They haven't replied yet. Perhaps they're already off celebrating? ;)

I surmise that those two teams couldn't make a 2nd day of it. Pity.

ltdiver

They were only planning on a 6 round meet (as normal for the NSL meets). Had other planned for after that. The EU and Pro teams wanted to do 10 rounds.

Refresh my memory. Does the Valentine's Meet always do 10 rounds? If not, who was the deciding factor for 10 rounds...and when was this decided?

If it's normally a 6 round meet, that was not nice to carry it on another day when others weren't planning on it. If it's always a 10 round meet, then those who couldn't stay needed to do their homework! :P

edit to add: Did some homework via Omniskore and the NSL web pages...Every year (since 1998 when Tim and Ted started keeping score on their web page for us) the Valentine's Meet was 6 Rounds. All except 2002, where it was lengthened to 10 Rounds.

So unless the meet managment informed the teams ahead of time that the meet would be lengthened it was dirty pool that they advanced it to 10 Rounds and expected those who wanted to try for a medal to stay around...B|

ltdiver