bliston

Just had great coaching from Pete Allum...

Our team decided to invest in coaching for this year and just had our first tunnel camp with Pete Allum. It was the best decision we ever made. We had a "we're gonna do it ourselves" attitude for the last three seasons, and felt pretty good about our progression, but even this first weekend with adedicated professional's input has been worth it's weight in gold.

I know that the "worth" of getting coaching has been praised a great deal already, but I just wanted to keep the message fresh, even for teams that have continued for a few years, that coaching is worth every penny. We have a new direction, clarity in an overall season plan, and a much deeper understanding of block techniques as a result of the investment.

And we found out that we can do blocks 3, 15, 18, and 22 as 4-ways in our 12 ft tunnel, even though we thought they would be impossible in there. (we've got some big guys, too!) - get someone that knows how to talk you through them and give 'em a go!!!

The take away: include Pete or another world class coach in your budget (or even an experienced local if you're on a tight budget) as you start mapping out your year, they'll get you doing stuff you didn't know you could and change your perspective on FS in the best posible way. You won't regret it...

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

I also received some coaching from Pete at the tunnel (Ben it's me, Corey!) and it was a HUGE help. I can't even explain how much he helped me out. All I told him was that I wanted to work on doing turns while flying mantis. At the end of 20 minutes, not only was I doing awesome knee turns, but I was side-sliding, doing super fast forward and backward movement, decreasing my descent speed using new techniques - it was amazing.

I, too, highly recommend some professional coaching!! It can do nothing but good things for your flying.

Pete is an awesome guy, and has been since I met him back in 1990. He's never had a "skygod" attitude and has always been willing to share and educate in a positive manner.
I'd love to see him again in the UK and maybe some tunnel time at Bedford - if you're listening Pete?!! ;)
Fi xx
PS - Pete - if you are reading, I'm the chick from the 1990 Sibson Colliegate nationals who took the pic of you and Holly Blue on the beer bungee velco wall!! xxx