bbarnhouse

VRW test event results USPA Nationals

Results just in and it was exciting to watch!
Arizona Arsenal takes the gold in round 6 with 58 points.
Altinex takes the silver with 57 points.
The bronze was won by Team Lodi scoring 41.
Congratulations to all ! A huge thank you to Melissa Nelson for coming up with idea in the first place, as well as Team Mandrin for pushing it forward.:)

www.omniskore.com

go to tedbits / Friday, October 27 and scroll through the page - there are several downloads including two rounds of Arizona Arsenal

thanks for that. Does anybody know if we can get a dvd copy of the whole nationals, or something by discipline?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It was amazing to watch, especially, IMHO, the videoflyer's skill and angles. Hat's off to Arizona Arsenal's cameraflyer! She kicked everyone's ass! Impressive!!

I especially liked the enthusiasm of Team Lodi. They erupted in a very noisy happy dance after their final round locked them into a medal. The whole house lost it and we actually got scolded by the chief judge for being so loud they couldn't communicate back in the fish bowl to judge the two remaining (gold and silver) teams! >:( :D

I think we're ALL going to enjoy watching this discipline grow. 60+ FS (belly flyer) teams this year. Anyone want to make a guess how many VRW (VFS) teams there will be in SDC?! B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

www.omniskore.com

go to tedbits / Friday, October 27 and scroll through the page - there are several downloads including two rounds of Arizona Arsenal

I don't know if this http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2006/usnats/ae_102_1.mpg is Arizona Arsenal or not - however, it is awesome work. I am jealous - as my goal for 2007 is to work on my freefly, and the moves in this video are some things to put on my "wanna be able to do" list.

www.omniskore.com

I don't know if this http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2006/usnats/ae_102_1.mpg is Arizona Arsenal or not - however, it is awesome work. I am jealous - as my goal for 2007 is to work on my freefly, and the moves in this video are some things to put on my "wanna be able to do" list.

no... this is arizona arsenal...

http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2006/usnats/401r5.wmv
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

www.omniskore.com

That was the Gold Medal team of Spaceland Anomaly.

Kinda confusing? ('100' team numbers) Open Freeflying=Subjective Artistic catagory. ('400' team numbers) VFS (VRW)=Objective Points. :)

ltdiver

Kinda confusing? ('100' team numbers) Freeflying=Subjective Artistic catagory. ('400' team numbers) VFS (VRW)=Objective Points. :)
ltdiver

Now, I am sure my friends at the NSL will be upset when I say this and all, being a league organizer for a regional 4way league and all where points are scored by formations - but I really like to watch the "Subjective Artistic Category" more than the "Objective Points".

Something about the freedom and spirit.

Now, I am sure my friends at the NSL will be upset when I say this and all, being a league organizer for a regional 4way league and all where points are scored by formations - but I really like to watch the "Subjective Artistic Category" more than the "Objective Points".

Something about the freedom and spirit.

Agreed. I hope the AE continue.

However, I heard many many comments from the VRW teams who said they were SO very happy to -finally- have something that was objective. They were so sick of the subjective judging they had to endure with the Freeflying events.

ltdiver

Agreed. I hope the AE continue

The AE events will continue. Many agree that the freefly category will be necessary as a stepping stone to the VRW event.
Freestyle saw the highest number of entries in a decade.
Skysurf will depend on what the USPA has to say since one of the 4 entries was a guest team.

Skysurf will depend on what the USPA has to say since one of the 4 entries was a guest team.

Don't let Scott's "Save the Skysurfers" entry go in vain. Loved his creative last round! B|

ltdiver

The AE events will continue. Many agree that the freefly category will be necessary as a stepping stone to the VRW event. Freestyle saw the highest number of entries in a decade.

I've seen a few artistic types piss and moan about VRW since it doesn't match their 'personal' viewpoint of what skydiving should be all about. It is great to see the artistic events being re-energized as a stepping stone to help train skills needed for VRW.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am not artistic at all. I for one am happy to see VRW being embraced by so many. It's been my goal to compete in VRW ever since I first saw video of it. I would love to see similar participation numbers as regular FS 4 way and added to NSL. I can only imagine what the skill levels will be like in 3 years from now.B|