GQ_jumper

Nationals

OK maybe it's a good thing I didn't make it to nats this year, I haven't really been jumping much in the last three months(barely enough to stay current), and after flying in the tunnel last night I don't think I'd want to embarass myself out there;). I'm rusty as hell!! Definitely wasn't my best flyin last night;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Official or non-official, why try and limit the overall reporting of a sport which needs an injection of participants and media coverage?

This is the USPA Nationals. All images belongs to them, and there are certain agreements that have to be met to even host a meet.

No one has to agree with it, nor like it but it is in the agreements. And there ya have it.:)

Tid bits...well Melissa is writing as we speak.:)

Guest 1010

Tid bits...well Melissa is writing as we speak.:)

and it's up now too ... Like you'all aren't busy enough! Thanks Melissa, Jan, Tim!

2006 Nationals, Tidbits, top left of the screen ... :)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

The draw was a few hours ago, anyone want to post it for us poor souls who couldnt' make it this year? PLEEAASE

Oh and I noticed according to omniskore that Velocity wasn't in the lineup, can anyone shed some light on this?
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

The draw was a few hours ago, anyone want to post it for us poor souls who couldnt' make it this year? PLEEAASE

Oh and I noticed according to omniskore that Velocity wasn't in the lineup, can anyone shed some light on this?

Arizona Razor; any association with the old Arizona Blade & Airspeed Velocity teams?:)
Draws and team pages should be up sometime Sunday morning.

[Tim] In a stunning display of clerical virtuosity, ye old web assistant has just got most of the team pages made and the initial 4-way pages built. Tomorrow I will get the draws posted along with the rest of the team pages. It's wheels up at 0700, so see you in the morning!

"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Kick ass scores across the board for all classes, I just saw the intermediate round one scores and already they are looking better as a whole than last years intermediate class. *sigh* and I'm stuck here[:/]
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

round two is up and my team(Velocity) just picked up a point on the Knights, Go Airspeed;). and seeing as how I'm the only dz.commer in the forums and not actually at nationals I guess I'll just have to keep myself entertained all day:P

can't be too hard to do though, especially if you consider the fact that it's only 1030 and i've already finished off a bottle of bailey's, i'm great at keeping myself entertained when i'm drunk, and once my girlfriend gets off work i'll have someonet to babysit me while i get REALLY drunk!!

Oh yeah, and go Divewerkz!! kick ass scores coming from them, great team and their tail flyer ain't too shabby either;) good luck Cindy!!
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

round two is up and my team(Velocity) just picked up a point on the Knights, Go Airspeed. and seeing as how I'm the only dz.commer in the forums and not actually at nationals I guess I'll just have to keep myself entertained all day

Lost 2 points to Knights in rd 3 though...you're gonna have a bipolar kind of day, aren't ya? ;)

You're not the only one watching! I'm clicking away on omniskore....(I'm at home...with a massive head cold too) B|

And where's the intermediate draw? I can't get skyleague to load...maybe it is on there.

here ya go

9-E-L 21-M-20 22-19 14-N-3 O-8-K P-4-15 Q-D-F-A 2-18 H-7-G C-B-J-11 6-1

and yes I am going to have quite the off day!!! either way I'm still cheerin for AS, can't turn ur back on ur coaches;) and they're kickin ass considerin they haven't done 4 way all year
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cool, thanks guys. Skyleague is loading finally too.

63 4-way teams this year, compared to 80 teams last year.

3 fewer in open
5 fewer in advanced
9 fewer in intermediate

Just some random facts...since I have nothing better to do than sit here, click away, and sneeze a lot!

I just looked at round four again, Deland is gonnna smoke that one, the 9 and the move to the K are quick for all the teams but Fire had the fastest 10's I've ever seen at the WM, and since the big move on the 10 goes to the rear piece which hasn't changed for the Deland crew I'm giving them this one by at least two points over the Russians in round four.

And round five, for some reason my gut is tellin me Odessey is going to pick up a few points in that round.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

It's on the NSL website.

Here's the draw:

Rnd------------------Open/Adv
1---------------------13-19-17
2---------------------N-21-14
3---------------------7-M-8
4---------------------9-K-10
5---------------------B-22-H-3
6---------------------4-20-16
7---------------------G-6-1
8---------------------12-F-2
9---------------------J-L-Q-P-18
10--------------------E-O-5-D
11 (tie break)--------11-C-15

Rnd-------------------Intermediate
1----------------------9-E-L
2----------------------21-M-20
3----------------------22-19
4----------------------14-N-13
5----------------------O-8-K
6----------------------P-4-15
7----------------------Q-D-F-A
8----------------------2-18
9----------------------H-7-G
10---------------------C-B-J-11
11 (tie)----------------6-1

NSL seems a little quicker on reporting scores (but it is unofficial).
Round three appears completed. Top Ten:

Fastrax and Deland Groove are tied for first; 20.7 average followed by
GK-Black (19.3) 4 points behind
AS-Velocity(18.3) 7 points behind
Perris Fury(18.0) 8 points behind
AS-Odyssey (17.7) 9 points behind
Elsinore Gravity (17.3) 10 points behind
Mass Defiance(16.0), FiaZco (16.0) 14 points behind
Dallas Thunder (15.3) 16 points behind

Anything could happen! Gold, Silver and Bronze are hotly contested by the top 3 teams and the race for 4th place is on!
Ken

Omniskore has most of Rd 4 up for Open. No change in the standings so far, 1 teams score is not up (Gravity). Fastrax and Groove remain even but black cat gains a point. GK loses a point.

They just updated. Gravity messed up and got a 10.

If you are not getting the omniskore updates, you may have to close your browser and reopen, or try firefox or upgrade to IE7. They are updating pretty regularly.

This is an ugly score report for Gravity. By the way I know what I means in a score report but what are O and J?

Scoring Summary - Round 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 TOT
Lori J J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - 10
Barb J J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - 10
Hazel J J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - 10
Ron J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - - 11
Terri J J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - 10
Result J J J J J J J J J - - - - - - - - - - 10

And round five, for some reason my gut is tellin me Odessey is going to pick up a few points in that round.

my bad I meant round 6 ASO should pick up a few, round five I think we may see ASV get a point or to up on the Knights, just a guess ya never know;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

From USPA Comp Manual:

a. Correct scoring formation: /
b. Formation Infringement: O
c. Inter Infringement: I
d. Omission: X
e. Formations, inters or total separations not
visible on screen due to meteorological
conditions, or uncontrollable factors
affecting freefall video equipment
(example: lense fogging): NV
f. End of working time: //

I'm thinking that J=NJ=NV (non-judgeable). Probably some kind of camera/ exit issue that prevented the judges from scoring the first 9 points (almost the first two pages).[:/]
Ken

Bad call again, drunk boy.

I make no claim that my predictions will be in any way accurate;) as i have stated before tequilla greatly inhibits my ability to predict and further dirt dive in my living room with a margarita glass in my hand:P:P;).

not to mention i just got an earful from my girlfriend over the phone when i said, "hey you remember that bottle of baileys i picked up last night, that was my breakfast."

--Dwight D. Eisenhower