GQ_jumper

Nationals

To stop the mudslinging and get back to topic...

John: do you know if the rules are the same now as compared to your second video? Your team exits with 3 jumpers linked: is that still allowed?

Yes, the rule against links on exit was unenforcable using video and led to lots of disputes, so the current wording is (paraphrasing) that the formation must be initiated by two unlinked jumpers. Some of the formations are really quite challenging, but this year's draw looked pretty easy. The Russians did a great job.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

as long as you don't mind getting slammed around a bit, which apparently one of my teammates did cause he complained abou me pushing against him while he was in the door:P

the fun slot is the very rear of the plan (tucked in the corner behind the tape) - on a good day, it doesn't hurt too bad.

That's the slot I had. Never got slammed.:)

me too, straight out and high in the door if not too jostled... lots of fun

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

me too, straight out and high in the door if not too jostled... lots of fun

On the topic of "straight out and high in the door", I'm the guy on the left in this pic.

the coolest team ever

That's cool!B|

John,

Your GodFrog write up went along with the Award to "The Coolest Team Ever" with Mike Anderson doing the presenting. They were pretty stoked to have been noticed as a team having fun. Pat would have been proud!>

As for the 40's that were seen being plagued upon a couple of very well known names....one was for an illegal grip, another the base-pin (and several other grips) were already built before the camera got there to film it. I call video-bust. :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

So we trained and competed from 13.5 all season, and then hit nats with the 'real' 10.5 comp altitude and it seemed so much easier to get more points than we were used to.

Is it all in my mind? If not, how many points in an average 10 round draw is the nice thicker air worth to you guys?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Is it all in my mind? If not, how many points in an average 10 round draw is the nice thicker air worth to you guys?

I've noticed this too, I feel like I have more power when I'm jumping down at Perris than when I'm exiting just under 18K MSL in colorado. So maybe it's not just you bein crazy in the head:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Is it all in my mind?

Yes...Just like normal:P

Density altitude should really not be a factor that you can feel. An airplane at 500 feet will *indicate* say 100 MPH and really be doing close to 100MPH. A plane at 10 grand will *indicate* 100MPH and might be doing 105.

The plane (you) should not notice a real difference as far as I know in as little as 3 grand.

More likely a few things are happening:
1. Meet pressure makes you try harder.
2. Aircraft exit speed is normally slower at DZ's than at the Nats. I can remember the first time I got real exit speed as indicated in ths Comp manual 5-1.12 (85-95 knots) I thought WOW thats easy to fly. It can make a big difference.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Aircraft exit speed is normally slower at DZ's than at the Nats.

Perhaps I'm getting very used to it by now, but where I normally jump the wind speed on the camera step is much -higher- at my DZ than at any Nationals so far. And don't get me started about the DZ over the hill.... :S:P Word to the wise, don't piss off the pilot! :o

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I can remember the first time I got real exit speed as indicated in ths Comp manual 5-1.12 (85-95 knots) I thought WOW thats easy to fly.

Sucks for the Outside Centre the first time they encounter it though :P.

And yes, I'm talking from experience. Fortunately not at Nats though...

I can remember the first time I got real exit speed as indicated in ths Comp manual 5-1.12 (85-95 knots) I thought WOW thats easy to fly.

Sucks for the Outside Centre the first time they encounter it though :P.

And yes, I'm talking from experience. Fortunately not at Nats though...

I'm OC and thought it was GREAT. The more I think about it, I think the airspeed might make more sense, our hill work was definitely easier.