GQ_jumper

Nationals

I did just take a look at the paraclete lineup though, DAMN!!! arguably a gathering of the most experienced 8way flyers in teh history of the sport, shoudl be a good show
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

What has this world come to, a player coach in Intermediate 8-way.

I see two. Chris Farina with Perris 8Track and Pat McGowan with Collide-n-grope... err Kaleidoscope and Friends.

Dunno how much training Chris did with his team, but I know that Pat hasn't jumped with Kaleidoscope since last year's Nationals, and this year's team has two competition virgins on it.

btw... go Kaleidoscope!! One point outta the medals after two rounds! B|

Intermediate 4-Way Wrap up:
7 Fast Fwd 11.5 avg

We're already home for a lot of personal reasons.

One bad round in round 7 and a couple busts and suddenly you go from tied in 2nd to 4th and finally 7th..:P My guys kicked some serious rounds out, otherwise. This was a blast.

We had the most fun plane of the entire thing. It was Us, Furies, Vixens and Sweet Spot.

The vibes were great. It was more like a classy boogie at times.

One thing that really stood out - Deland Groove will need a bigger tunnel than other teams just to do random work - that's a VERY TALL team.

(Storm looked great in the tunnel, we were happy to be able to share the time, great group)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Intermediate 4-Way Wrap up:
7 Fast Fwd 11.5 avg

We're already home for a lot of personal reasons.

One bad round in round 7 and a couple busts and suddenly you go from tied in 2nd to 4th and finally 7th..:P My guys kicked some serious rounds out, otherwise. This was a blast.

We had the most fun plane of the entire thing. It was Us, Furies, Vixens and Sweet Spot.

The vibes were great. It was more like a classy boogie at times.

One thing that really stood out - Deland Groove will need a bigger tunnel than other teams just to do random work - that's a VERY TALL team.

(Storm looked great in the tunnel, we were happy to be able to share the time, great group)

How about those FURIES?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I did just take a look at the paraclete lineup though, DAMN!!! arguably a gathering of the most experienced 8way flyers in teh history of the sport, shoudl be a good show

Ummmmm....

Airspeed is doing well.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ummmmm....

Airspeed is doing well.

We all know I'm always cheering for Airspeed;)

I was just pointing out that if you look at the experience level in terms of time in the sport Paraclete is carrying a lot of knowledge and experience.;)

As for Airspeed though, it's good to see Todd jumping with them again.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

How about those FURIES?

I'm so excited for the girls! I've been tracking their progress over the last couple of seasons via Sally, their coach. It's great to see all of their hard work (and creeping :P) pay off! They've got a lot of fans at Zhills!

with 7 rounds left to go it wouldn't surprise me if those gentlemen could make it up, i think their score is going to pick up a bit once they get in their groove. they couldn't have had much time to train as a team considering half that team lives on the west coast
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

How about those FURIES?

beautiful, relaxed and an absolute gas to hang with

as I said, we had the best plane load of the comp

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Whoa... anyone know why Paraclete took a 0 in round 3?

Omniskore says it's a camera mal.

Yeah, he only had one camera and had accidentally hit nightshot. The screen was pretty much all white. They'll probaby easily climb their way back up the rankings in a few rounds.

Peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I know. Thats a long time to sit around and wait on getting the dinner and watching the medal awards. Last year they had complaints from the artistic and canopy events that no one was around to see their awards since RW split early in the week or wasn't there yet, this year people are going to complain since they have to wait so long from wrapup of 4way/8 way until the medals and will split. No matter what someone is going to complain...

Ok I need to chime in here. No matter how the awards are presented, someone will be unhappy.
It is ultimately the competitors obligation and responsibility to read the meet information.
If there were teams that needed to leave early, it would have been better to address this prior to the end of the event. NOT the day of completion. The USPA Nationals is about serving ALL of the competitors, not just a select group. I suppose that we could have completed 4-way in 5 days rather than 1.5 days by allowing only 2 jumps per day. Most folks competing in 4 way are also competing in 8 & 10 way so yes there were 3 teams that did not fall into this category.
In the end, I go back to what I have said before, if competitors have concerns they need to bring it to the USPA competition committe. Only then will they affont change.

Paraclete are doing so well. That 0 was such a shame.

What an amazing line-up - it's like a who's who of skydiving living legends - Jack, Dan, Johnny and Kirk! Nice to see Dennis 'mini-me Jack' Rook in the team as well.

Airspeed are of course kicking ass and great to see them dominating in 8-way especially with having had a hard year.

4-way - Wow. Fury did awesome and Oddysey did fab to get 3rd after a bit of a dubious start.

Being in London sucks as the time difference really messes up following the action!

Liz

Yeah, he only had one camera and had accidentally hit nightshot. The screen was pretty much all white.

Yea, I almost threw that one away for the whole team. Looks like we have bronze locked up though.

Excuse me while I mount another camera on my helmet...

Matt