GQ_jumper

Nationals

What are everyone's predictions for nationals in a few weeks?

I think the three powerhouse 4 way teams are going to be the two Airspeed lineups and the pickup team with Shannon, Ian, Gary, and Solly(not sure what they are callin themselves yet). I think the pickup team will probably be a bit ahead of the powr curve as three of them have been training as a 4 way team all year, and their point..... well it's Solly, what else needs to be said;). AS Odessey does have quite a bit of continuity as a team though, going on three years now, and even though Velocity recently lost Kirk as their outside Thomas will be filling the slot and he is every bit as capable with Natasha flying point. That lineup has nothing but potential.

Also, unless I'm mistaken this will be the first time we get to see the new GK lineup in action, should be a good show.

There's quite a few good lookin teams in open class this year, I wish I could be there in person to watch:(
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Guest 1010

I would love to see one of the Wagners headin it up again, I miss their commentaries;)

well ...... miss no longer, as Tim is a-bloggin already for 2006 Nats :)
beer blog/tidbits for 2006

2006 Nats main page

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I would love to see one of the Wagners headin it up again, I miss their commentaries;)

well ...... miss no longer, as Tim is a-bloggin already for 2006 Nats :)
beer blog/tidbits for 2006

2006 Nats main page

Whoo Hoo! That's what I'm talkin' about! :):D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Pretty good summary - but lets not leave Fasttrax out of the mix. From a distance, it appears to be a 4 team race.

Also of interest, is the race for the next tier of teams. AZ thunder, Dallas Thunder, Fury, Gravity and Defiance. Some really good weekend teams in there (Note: Gravity and Fury are more than weekend teams, no debate on this point intended here).

It will be interesting to see where the Knights fall in this mix. I would not put it past them to be a sleeper in that top 4, perhaps it should be a top 5.

Haven't heard much form the Advanced class teams this year. Could be some sleepers and some very good pick-up teams in attendance. Sorry I'm gonna miss it this year.

Steve
GT

Hi Steve,
As far as the advanced field goes there are a bunch of good teams. K2, Onyx, Divewerks, O2 project, Carolina Ice, theres more teams out there as well. I hear that Perris Voltage is pretty good.;)
Heal up and get back on the horse next year.
Mish

Pretty good summary - but lets not leave Fasttrax out of the mix. From a distance, it appears to be a 4 team race.

I think if there's going to be a 4th powerhouse team this year it's going to be the Knights before Fasttrax, even though we haven't heard anything about the new GK lineup this year the fact remains that they have had an entire year to do nothing but train, and their two centers are both very experienced. When you have nothing but time and funding you're going to get good. The big card stacked against them is that this will be their first meet as a team.

Fasttrax, Mark and Doug are a couple of my hero's and the team has come a long way this year, but you're only as fast as your slowest guy.......They did score a 21+ at the WC in Russia, but all year we've been look at 22-23 averages to win meets.

I don't think I'll be puttin money on any specific team this year, and next year is going to be even better.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

If I am not mistaken this won't be the first time the 2006 GK team competes. They won Gold in 4-way Men and Women's classes in the CISM meet (the Team split and added a few others to do this I think).

The roster may be a bit different than it started in Nov of last year, but no doubt it is full of National and International experience and Gold Medals.

I am even willing to bet they hit the podium, if not I will buy a beer for you.

Matt

P.S. It was freaken cold out the ramp of the C-130 Friday! But at least I got to jump the 135 instead of the Sigma for a change! Nothing like swooping the turn in point:P.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Good point, I had forgotten about that meet, but like you said it wasn't the same lineup that will be competing next week. I see nothing but potential from the Knights we just haven't seen enough of them this year to really make a prediction.

I'll be right there with ya on monday bro, I have a JM a static line pass and then we are getting a HALO pass, it's gettin a little chilly out here in colorado;)
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

A lot of the west coast advanced-level folks have been concentrating on 8-way this year. It's been great fun and an awesome learning experience for everyone involved in the Fury 8-way project teams. Keep your eye on Octagon in open 8-way...if they skydive to their potential, they'll be in medal-hunting territory! And if Moxie doesn't medal...well...we're still the greatest bunch of chicks out there. :D

I agree...there might be some good pickup teams in advanced this year, but I love that surprise element. It seems that a lot of teams are heading into the Open class this year.

Me...I just want to see how Storm's improved training theory works out. ;)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

the fact remains that they have had an entire year to do nothing but train, and their two centers are both very experienced. When you have nothing but time and funding you're going to get good.

All that applies to Fastrax as well. ;)

Really its almost too close to call. The DDT (DeLand Dream Team...No idea if that is the name, but it has been tossed around) complicates matters quite a bit.

ASO The team with the most time together. I did tunnel with three of them and they said it was the first 4way stuff they had done all year.

ASV Natasha should not really slow *anyone* down.

But, both AS teams have not really been training 4way.

Fastrax has only a year together, but lets face it the line up rocks and they don't want for funding.

GK. Who knows? A birdy told me that the line up is not what I expected....When questioned, the birdy flew the coup. Almost unlimited resources and the ability to drag back some of the best skydivers on the planet.

Fury/Gravity...Well the last SSL meet shows that these two are about as evenly matched as possible. Should be fun to watch them slug it out.

Mass D has three years togther. And they have a good plan. 2004 they did a 12.8 with 10 points lost to video (13.8). 2005 a 15.4. This year they have only done one meet and turned in a 15.0

Fiasco with Billy Andrews (Fastrax) and Rodney Cruze (Nemisis) And Jim and Steve who were on Phugoid with me in 2005. Phugoid did a 15.7 with 5 lost to video, Billy can do a 20 on his head. Rodney is no slouch.

AZ Thunder. Rumor has it they will not be showing. But that could change. I hope so since they did a good year and the Nats would be a nice cap on it.

Synchronicity. 4 hot chicks (How YOU doin'? ;)) with some very good scores posted.

Dallas Thunder. Mike Inabinet a WC in 8way, Ryan a guy from Vengence, Dave Burton from Spark/Inferno, and some other jackass that posts on here. The team has more 8way experience than 4way :o

I see three battles.

1. ASO, ASV, FT, DDT, GK
2. Gravity, Fury.
3. Fiasco, MD, Synchronicity, AZ Thunder (if they make it), Dallas Thunder.

All three are too close to call.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Also of interest, is the race for the next tier of teams. AZ thunder, Dallas Thunder, Fury, Gravity and Defiance.

Dont forget Diverwerkz.

I think the 2nd tier they meant was the non-pro teams that choose to compete in Open instead of Advanced.

The Advanced cat will have a lot of very good teams and that's another list of matchups.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Dallas Thunder. Mike Inabinet a WC in 8way, Ryan a guy from Vengence, Dave Burton from Spark/Inferno, and some other jackass that posts on here. The team has more 8way experience than 4way

I'm kind of worried about that "jackass" you're talking about on Thunder:P

If I had to pick between FT and GK, my money would go to the Knights, especially if they have had a roster change or two like you say, I talked to one of them earlier this year who had his eye on goin back there soon. FT yes they have had a whole year to get good, and they have come a long way in their recent days but I think they'll fall just short of the top 3. You never know though, they could rise to the ocassion and prove me wrong, which would make next years national team race even more of a nail biter. Either way I'm lookin forward to hogging the computer in the team room all next week to watch the videos;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Also of interest, is the race for the next tier of teams. AZ thunder, Dallas Thunder, Fury, Gravity and Defiance.

Dont forget Diverwerkz.

I think the 2nd tier they meant was the non-pro teams that choose to compete in Open instead of Advanced.

The Advanced cat will have a lot of very good teams and that's another list of matchups.

Unless they changed since I last talked to them, Divewerkz is competing in Open.

Gordo, can you confirm??? maybe I'm just confused!!!
Remster

Unless they changed since I last talked to them, Divewerkz is competing in Open.

Gordo, can you confirm??? maybe I'm just confused!!!

Remi you've probably talked to them more recently than I have but I thought they said last time I was out there that they were going to compete in Advanced. If they do I see them as having a good chance at some medals.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have no clue as to their AAA progression this year, if I'm understating their advancement this year, then my bad. It would be cool to see a team go from start to finish in what, 3 years?, and be comfortable choosing Open. We've had a longer and harder road and still will go Intermediate (only broke 10 once this short season). It'll be a blast in any case.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It would be cool to see a team go from start to finish in what, 3 years?,

I think Divewerkz has been in the 13-14 range all year even after going from the intermediate to the open class dive pool, not too shabby at all. I think they did a good thing pickin up Cindy as their tail at the beginning of the year, she kicks ass.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well, NSL has spilled the beans that Ron's birdie was talkin about

Yeah, I kinda fiqured that was the case.....Makes the ranking even harder.

Ron - I didn't know about Fiasco, have they trained or just pick-up?

Not gonna tell others stories, But I expect they will do quite well. Fiqure two that did a 15.7, one that is an easy 20, and one that has won the Advanced class with Nemisis.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

1. ASO, ASV, FT, DDT, GK

I agree with Ron's predictions of a scrap between those 5 teams for the medals.

ASO - look at the World Cup last year and they had very little training.

ASV - the Valentines Meet this year, they had only done 5 or 6 training jumps together as a 4-way and did incredibly well with an excellent average all things considered. I would presume that the new line-up have done more than 6 training jumps so far!!! Natasha will definitely not slow anyone down (don't know who insinuated that one).

There will be a total wild card team in 8-way, which will be an exciting surprise and make the Open class very interesting. Don't know the full details, so will have to wait for registration to find out.

Liz

well ...... miss no longer, as Tim is a-bloggin already for 2006 Nats

AND Melissa Nelson will be here to add to the dailys:)

I'll be there too, in case anyone was interested. ;)

I will be happy to tell you the story of what it is like taking over the hardware and software support of Omniskore from Ted and Tim Wagner. It's a test, just a test. I like challenges.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Guest 1010

well ...... miss no longer, as Tim is a-bloggin already for 2006 Nats

AND Melissa Nelson will be here to add to the dailys:)

coolie cool cool Wish I was there! Thanks to all youse for doing the web site again this year (yes you too Jan:P.)

:)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.