GQ_jumper

Block 12

This forum has been a bit dead lately sine the end of the World Meet so I figured I'd take a stab at kickin it up again.

We all know that in terms of video and jugdging the new block twelve is much better than the old, but in my opinion the new one can't hold a candle to the old when it comes to bein a "kickass move." I'm just wondering which one you guys have more fun doing and would rather have in the dive pool from the skydivers standpoint, not counting which one is easier to judge and causes less busts.

I'm all about the zipper-star, bein the OC on that one IMO was the funnest move in the dive pool. But that's just me;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Although I miss seeing zipper-star, I DO NOT miss hearing my whiney ass teammates bitching about how hard it is to do.
I would be the last person to complain if it was reinstated to the dive pool.

ps I am speaking about former teammates bitching.

Although I miss seeing zipper-star, I DO NOT miss hearing my whiney ass teammates bitching about how hard it is to do.
I would be the last person to complain if it was reinstated to the dive pool.

ps I am speaking about former teammates bitching.

Yeah, it was all about the skill of the cameraflyer getting the right angle for that block...:)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I never had the opportunity to really work out zip-star. Bundy Bundy is alot of fun anyway.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Gordo, I never bitched about block 12. Oh wait, that was 8way.

I always liked zipper-star; it was a cool move for the front half, and when performed well looked studly. Too bad about all the center-point controversy. It's death knell was when the camera flyers started having to make adjustments to avoid video-angle busts; I think the judges got dizzy from the spinning video.

Front piece - old 12 much more fun, don't we have enough spining compressed moves already??

Rear piece - old 12, boring, sit and wait. New 12, another spining sidebody - oh joy.

Sum - Zipper star wins by default notwithstanding silly center point. showing intent blah, blah, blah.

Lets invent a new 12

Lets invent a new 12

I'd be all about a new block 12, i can understand the reason for taking the old one out but I think the block that replaced it was pretty weak, I'm sure with a little creative thinking a much more challenging and fun block could've replaced it. the other thing I didn't like was that bundy in the random pool was replaced with a star instead of a zipper, zipper should be the new M!!

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Too bad about all the center-point controversy. It's death knell was when the camera flyers started having to make adjustments to avoid video-angle busts; I think the judges got dizzy from the spinning video.

:ph34r: :D

ltdiver

All of the top teams did different things with video on block 12. You should have seen the discussions happening in Gap during the world meet. But, 'nuff said about that, whats the new 12 gonna be?

Suggestion: Sat/sat as block 12, put blackhole in as random O or, new block 12, Blackhole/blackhole

Steve
GT

would the sat/sat just be two spinning sidebody pieces? cause i think we have enough of that already;)

how bout zipper-zipper, you think zip star was rough to judge wait until both pieces are turning 540's:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

ahhhhhhhhhhh youngster - Sat/Sat was formerly in the 4-way dive pool. The 4-way version is the same as the 8-way version. Two-way piece does 360, sidebody's do individual 360's. Fun block.

Why do I get the feeling that if I said "TAG" some of these folks would say, "Your it!"

And how many of these folks think "Airbears" are those cool stuffed animals under canopy? :P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

And how many of these folks think "Airbears" are those cool stuffed animals under canopy?

I have a former teammate who's rig is one of the AirBear's team rigs. Nice piece of history.

ltdiver

Where you can score a centre point bust by careless walking to the plane :-)

now that's funny:D:D

wasn't there an older block like opal-bipole or something like that

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

But, 'nuff said about that, whats the new 12 gonna be?
Suggestion: Sat/sat as block 12, put blackhole in as random O or, new block 12, Blackhole/blackhole

I only did zip-star for a season (on point)- and it was fun. Bundy-bundy for me has been IC and tail. It's pretty tame.
Whatever replaces it would need to be a slot swapper.
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

How about another double slot switcher, we need more of those(especially now that i'm flying on the back piece a lot more:P).

I think as well as a new block 12 we need to replace M with a zipper
--Dwight D. Eisenhower