SSGJOHNSON

2,3,or 4 Way camps question

What is the experience level that a person needs to go to one of these camps. As you can see my experience in meager compared to some. I would like to attend a camp to learn but I don't want to spend the money if my experience level isn't up to par yet. I guess what I'm asking is how much do I need to know before attending one of these camps also do you have to have a team or can you go alone and still get allot out of it?

I know ill go to heaven because ive spent my time in Hell.

There is a lot of variability between the camps in terms of who runs them, experience levels of participants and goals. Keep that in mind when choose a camp.

At 44 jumps I'd definitely advice to spend the money on 2-ways with a coach or tunnel time - cannot go wrong with that.

I did over an hour one-on-one coaching in a tunnel with only 60 jumps going in and it was worth it! Many people have complemented me on my flying improvement since then and the confidence boost is awesome. Don't worry about other people, focus on yourself, it is a great learning tool. The way I did it was that I went up with a friend and we each had our own coaches and we split tunnel time, he was working on freefly and I was RW. There are many ways to do it, but that worked for me.

IMO by far the best coaching you can get.

I second that. The Airspeed tunnel camp was my first time in a tunnel at about 100 jumps. It was the perfect time for it. I already knew how to fly mantis when I went, but they taught me so much more than I would have thought I could learn in one camp.

I second that.

i third that:P

the best thingabout coming out of that camp was I no longer had to think about how to make moves, they just happened, prior to the camp when i was doing RW i would have to think about exactly what inputs it would take to make certain moves, after the camp all i had to do was remember the formations and everything else just fell into place.

And Rosa, I think with the new camp they have an extra option for people like you, its a box of 1000 twinkies they send you a week prior so that you can fall with fatasses like me;)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

(HA...you have no fat, just muscle!)

yeah i've had to learn that the hard way these last couple months after trying to lose 15 pounds and failing miserably[:/].

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

IMO by far the best coaching you can get.

Definitely awesome coaching. There are also other camps with Airspeed-only coaches run by former Airspeed member, Gary Beyer. Info at my sig below :)

The last camp he ran was in Colorado with Kirk Verner but he does them all over the US and Europe, both tunnel and jumping. Well worth keeping an eye on the future dates.

Emma

Yea, those girls (and there's some guys) are crazy! I've seen them at the tunnel often and they are doing 4-ways, learning sit-flying, head down...yea, totally crazy!

But with the tunnel time...I just graduated AFF last weekend, did 15 minutes in the tunnel on thursday, and WOW, did it help a lot. Started getting comfy with the mantis, was doing box drills, docking stuff...it was a good time. Then on saturday, I did my first 2-way with my coach!

I reccommend the tunnel time.