Deuce

4-Way Advanced requirement for gold?

They changed the rules in 99'. So anything before that has a different draw.

99' Frost 13.6
00' Teiwaz 13.2
01' Identity Crisis 15.5 (with Robbie Spencer Bronze with Equinimity in 97 at the World Meet)
02' Nemisis 13.7 (with a jump off against the Angry Bees)
03' Inferno 14.7
04' Adrenaline 13.2
05' Mass Defiance 15.4 (So far the highest scoring non PC Advanced team)

So the scores seem to be around the 14-14.5 mark. Right now the top Advanced team looks to be Elsinore Select with Xkeys O2 project right there. Both are about mid 13's.

Rumor is that Irwin has another project going...Can't ever count him out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Select in Advanced??? I tend to doubt that. It would really screw with future plans. Interesting that the Advanced scores tend to increase in "on" years.

Ok, Advanced Class Fantasy Meet - Identity Crisis, Inferno, Mass Defiance, who take if each is at their peak in Advanced? [[For true junkies - who can name, without looking, the two connections between Identity Crisis and Mass Defiance - Ben does not get to play!!!]]

Ron - what, no mention of GT in that list of Advanced contenders. I'm hurt.

Topher has a triple PC team. They are going open (of course this is an assumption, they would be Advanced eligible and you can't count him out of Advanced ever) [[Not intended to start a PC debate, just stating facts]]

Steve
The team formerly known as GT

Well - since I founded GT (if there is such a thing), the team resides (to the extent it still exists) in the same teamroom its been in for the last 4 years AND two of its original members (circa 2001) are still together, I'd say that qualifies. Then again, Fire has 3 former GT members (two original, one 2002-2004) so they are pretty close. Then, of course, there is Onyx, the team to which I imagine you refer that has two former GT, but no original members. Does NOT qualify. They are more like Formulaguello. B|

How many points on average to dominate in this class?

Hmmm...to dominate? Well, looking at Omniskore I'd say an average of atleast 40 would truely dominate the class.

>:(:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well - since I founded GT (if there is such a thing), the team resides (to the extent it still exists) in the same teamroom its been in for the last 4 years AND two of its original members (circa 2001) are still together, I'd say that qualifies. Then again, Fire has 3 former GT members (two original, one 2002-2004) so they are pretty close. Then, of course, there is Onyx, the team to which I imagine you refer that has two former GT, but no original members. Does NOT qualify. They are more like Formulaguello. B|

Poking at the best 4-way fliers is fun. Dangerous, but fun! :P

"Why you blaking my bawls, Hans?"

Select in Advanced??? I tend to doubt that. It would really screw with future plans.

This year is an "off" year. They could go Advanced and still go Open next year. Now I tend to think they will go Open myself...But they are the top team "qualified" to go advanced. So you have to consider that.

Ok, Advanced Class Fantasy Meet - Identity Crisis, Inferno, Mass Defiance, who take if each is at their peak in Advanced?

Identity Crisis, MD, Inferno. IC had Robbie Spencer. MD is a very good team, but I think they would have been edged out. Of course it would really depend on the day. Inferno was a good team (Thanks for the medal guys!!!). But both MD and IC were 15.5's.

Ron - what, no mention of GT in that list of Advanced contenders. I'm hurt.

Brother, I have not seen or heard from you almost all year. I have not seen one set of scores, not heard of any training....Heck last time we spoke you had just formed a group. Give me some info, and I'll see what I can do ;)

BTW who is Irwins tripple PC team?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Off year for World Championship, but not for other Class I events. Under USPA's sanctioning rules, you have to compete in open to be eligible. I think they'll stay open for sure.

GT is in stealth mode this year, hampered by a broken back (non skydiving related and not as bad as it sounds). Pain notwithstanding, we are training in silence at night.

Off year for World Championship, but not for other Class I events. Under USPA's sanctioning rules, you have to compete in open to be eligible. I think they'll stay open for sure.

Could be, but what other event? The Nationals is AFTER the WM. Russia? Are they going?

For the Advanced class fantansy meet, "at their prime" is a tough term - Mass Defiance is getting faster every training weekend and will continue to do so over the next two years.

If prime is just for the "winning year," Identity Crises would probablly take us. However, if you're considering prime to include our progress this year, I think we'd edge them out. And once we getting going with our weekly time at Skyventure NH, forget about it... we'd toast 'em.

I think also in the race would be Gravity. On a good day with no video issues, the fantasy meet might be their's.... those folks can FLY.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

Meet was intended to be Advanced Class winners at their Peak while in Advanced (ie: at the time they won the Gold). Unfair test to look at MD now vs. IC then. IC was a short lived team that broke up after the meet and graciously beating the dual PC team with Gary AND solly on it. That was pretty sweet.

After seeing the MD round 1 at Nationals last year, you guys were pretty impressive. It would be a great meet to watch, but Jim might get a bit tired.

Gravity has some skills. Fury isn't looking too bad either and both Thunder teams have some hops. Non-pro open class this year should be a great race.

Are there specific qualification criteria for Advanced?

/non-US-person.

Well I think it is now that 50% of your team must not have won gold in that event before.

After seeing the MD round 1 at Nationals last year, you guys were pretty impressive

They had me scared. :) Here I was with this grand plan and shit....And WHAM!!!! Hit from out of nowhere.

Gravity has some skills. Fury isn't looking too bad either and both Thunder teams have some hops. Non-pro open class this year should be a great race.

Fury and Gravity went "Pro" right? Both went fully sponsored and doing 600ish jumps? At least thats what I have heard/read.

Fury. ?????. 18.7
Gravity. 600-700. 17.7, 18.2
Thunder. 500. 16.5, 17.5
Dallas Thunder. 300 15.5, 16.8

I can only speak for Dallas Thunder. We have 300 jumps and one tunnel camp planned (Have 70 jumps and 5 hours as I type this, as always under plan). So I don't see us really in that race. Our plan was to have fun and do some jumps. I just got a new job, moved, and bought a house. So I could not do more than that. I wish Phugoid could have stayed together, but the team plan was 500 jumps this year and 1,000 next. So I could not comit to that without serious sponsorship. Now THAT would have been a race.

is phugoid still together?

Kinda. Different name, some different folks. Don't really want to tell someone elses tale.

Whats healy up to this year

Nothing that I know of. But knowing Bob, he will get called a week before Nationals and get on a team that does an 18:P

Spaceland Inferno all the way ;)

In reality, since two of these teams are no longer in existance, we will never know. Mass defience wins by default, they are still skydiving together.

Biq queston, who's gonna win the Tour de France this year? Wrong forum...

Alex