McDuck

CaSL Meet #3

What a wonderful weekend full of fun, friends and food.

Carolina Sky Sports hosted the latest meet in the CaSL, and as usual, the friendly staff, immaculate facilities and large landing area were more than up to the task. With four Rookie teams, four Intermediate teams and one Open team, the day promised to be a challenging ride for all competitors and their respective videographers.

The winners of the rookie class, the Fast Fockers, showed what one previous season in rookie class, tunnel time and paid coaching can do to get you where you want to be. They consistently made the numbers that put them on top early in this meet, and held on to their early lead through to the end. 28 points is tough to beat if you don't bring your A-game.

Team Luckiest Guy in Raeford started off with high hopes, but soon felt the strain of not practicing together more than twice since becoming a team right before the first meet. After an initial botched exit on the first jump, they pulled together to solidify that aspect of the dives, but still couldn't seem to pull the kind of numbers they needed to forge ahead. They finished with a total of 19 points.

Home DZ comrades to LGIR, Team Pffft showed that they are fast becoming the team to watch as they steadily improve their skills as a 4-way team. We wish them all the best in the next several meets, and are proud to call them friends. Their cameraman, Larry of the Golden Knights, won best video award and kindly gave the money to another team. After watching a few of his downloads in the video room, it was clear to me early on he'd be the winner in that category. Excellent work, Larry.

4-way virgins, a pick-up team from CSS, did well, considering they were a bit of a last-minute joining of minds and talents. We enjoyed seeing their smiling faces as they exited with their cameraman, the Mad Russian, who later helped everyone celebrate by cooking the most amazingly delicious stew I've ever had. We hope to see all of them again at the next meet.

All of the Intermediate teams looked as if they were working their posteriors off to make the numbers jump off the camera, and it wound up being a close race for third place between Turbulence and Carolina Chaos, who eventually tied for the bronze. Team West Point brought their talents into play with an impressive 47 point total, but was just two points shy of beating the Crazy Ivans, who always seem so humble and surprised when they win. Meet Champions, Carolina Ice pulled an impressive 70-point total out of their hats and accepted their medals with the grace of true champions.

One thing in particular I learned at this meet: it's more important to be a good person and sportsman than it is to be a good skydiver.

Congratulations to all of the competitors and videographers for an excellent meet, but even more thanks and adulation goes to Randy and Dan for organizing, managing and judging this event. You kept us all on track and relatively sane, and for that we thank you.

Hope to see everyone at this next meet at Raeford! Until then, stay safe and have fun!
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

After an initial botched exit on the first jump,

botched is a little harsh...:D:D:D

Although it was fun seeing our tail fall out of the door.

(some back ground on that is needed I guess-
For shits and giggles we've decided to launch the first point on each jump - that jump we were launching a cataccord. We figured since our OC was going to get de-virginized on the exit with the way we had the grips worked out, tail would need to give the count. She got down in the door, grabbed the grips she needed and just couldn't hang on....:D

So we ended up free flying that exit.
We made up for it by launching a kick ass unipod in the last round B|)
Scars remind us that the past is real

That was a great article. But you know what is missing? How much we missed the Foxes at that meet. [:/]:$
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Hey ya'll,

Just a few: We didn't have that much tunnel coaching last year. Three of us went to the tunnel to learn mantis but they wouldn't let us fly in there together. We did the last meet last year with about 9 jumps together previously and then we practiced together as much as possible seeing that CSS only flies a CASA all last winter and we got like 3 jumps a weekend MAYBE. THen Michelle broke both ankles and was out from Octoberish til January, not being able to jump. But when she came back we were all pretty dedicated to flying together. I work like ALL the time so it was hard but we would do 4-way whenever we could/can. BUT the two FocKeR's Melissa and Keith went to the tunnel this week and did 2 hours so they are proabably going to come back and WHop Michelle and my butts in the air. Should be interesting. We do however ask for help alot when we don't know how to do something, so we can learn it the best way and we've picked up stuff along the way by ourselves. And the more experienced groups our always a big help when we are at the meets, they always are there to coach you along a little bit and we appreciate it b/c we will absorb new technique or new approach you show us.

Pfffffffffffttt is someone we all need to watch out for, each meet they've increased there totally score by almost 5 points which means the next meet they will be scoring like 20 points or higher. They are doing well. Virgins hopefully will jump the next meet too. Four way is a great way to develop skills in skydiving. At least that was the case for our team and me personally. I feel I've learned a thousand more things about flying relative from flying with The FasT FocKeR's then from anything/one else. And just flying with friends and learning together is one of the most awesome things about this past year and doing 4-way.

Luckiest Guy in Reaford: so are ya'll going to be able to do the meet? When would it have to be in order for ya'll to do it if you can't??? What would a meet be without you girls/guys?????

Oh yeah and BIG Props to our Camera flyer. If you have a dedicated FocKeR from Behind aka Eric or Camera Flyer, then you can accomplish alot to. We never have to worry about him he's always there and getting the best shots. He films us on alot of practice jumps when he can so we can observe our jumps too.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

To set the record straight...

The Fockers have no paid coaching. We had no more than 30 minutes of tunnel time each, and we only competed in 1 meet last season...

The true key to our accoplishment so far is that we jump a lot... and try to fly 4-way anytime possible, even if not with our team. We also try to keep very positive attitiude that the meets are for fun... not competition. we try to stay loose and relaxed and enjoy the skydive. The Fockers are very comforatable jumping together and I think we have a good vibe.

I wouldn't be surprised if we score over 30 at next meet... so I hope you all are practicing :) Good Luck! see you in Raeford...
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Jeez, you guys act like I was trying to demean you or something. :S

To set the record straight...

The Fockers have no paid coaching. We had no more than 30 minutes of tunnel time each, and we only competed in 1 meet last season...

The true key to our accoplishment so far is that we jump a lot... and try to fly 4-way anytime possible, even if not with our team. We also try to keep very positive attitiude that the meets are for fun... not competition. we try to stay loose and relaxed and enjoy the skydive. The Fockers are very comforatable jumping together and I think we have a good vibe.

I wouldn't be surprised if we score over 30 at next meet... so I hope you all are practicing :) Good Luck! see you in Raeford...

whatever you guys are doing - it's working. You thoroughly stomped our asses the last meet.

We emailed Randy about moving the meet to the weekend of the 15th but that is a no go. So we're done for the season. We thought about picking up two other team members but it wouldn't be the same team. :(

So we're getting ready for next year. :)
Scars remind us that the past is real

So we're getting ready for next year. :)

In the Intermediate class though, right? We can let rookie class be dominated by others while we work on getting stomped in the next level up. :P:D

I understand that you guys are deploying. Semper Fi and keep your head down.

The 4 way virgins will funnel an exit for you :)

By the way we lost our tail flyer so if anyone want to fill in and maybe give us a few pointers your more then welcome to. [:/]

Regardless we will plan to make the next meet see you all there

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I understand that you guys are deploying. Semper Fi and keep your head down.

The 4 way virgins will funnel an exit for you :)

By the way we lost our tail flyer so if anyone want to fill in and maybe give us a few pointers your more then welcome to. [:/]

Regardless we will plan to make the next meet see you all there

We'll be there to cheer everyone on, we just won't be competing. I won't promise my limited camera skills out to anyone at this point (wouldn't want to eff anyone else's chances up), but I'll be there if videographers are in short supply.

We missed it too. :(:(

I had to go say goodbye to a dear friend and help her on her way out of this existence. [:/] I won't say there wasn't Tequila involved :).

Also, Studious Fox was busy being Dr. Fox at a conference in Chicago. Hopefully we'll have her playing Pin the Tail on the Foxes at the next meet!!

Jeez, you guys act like I was trying to demean you or something. :S

Kevin - those Fokkers have that ultimately fun, yet-kinda-serious-in a way-thing going on. We're all very proud of them :)
Was so nice to see you and the lovely, friendly Cora again.

Since I can't travel to meets, I really appreciate your synopses here - thanks VERY much for those. You rock!! ... and you're a very good writer.

I'll see ya in a few months.

Best,
Dawn

So who from the team is actually leaving???? And we didn't take it as demeaning. You know we love ya'll. And that sucks they can't move the meet. The last meet is the same day as our Point FocKeRs wedding so that should be an interesting day. We're still trying to do it but we are also going to be at the wedding. Should be interesting.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Hal and Cheryl are both leaving, so even if we picked up a few stand-ins, it wouldn't be the same team. We wish the remaining teams all the best in the coming meets. We should be around to cheer everyone on at the Raeford meet, at least. :)

oooohhhh......Now THAT made me smile!!
(is that a legitimate grip?)

Miss ya BB!

We should get a weekend with us altogether again by, what.. September :P

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach