bliston

Fire's 47pts. F-M-P-O-E

skyleague.com
the videos are not posted yet

C'mon, Kurt, don't tease us, that's video for the permanent files. (round 7 is no slouch either). 24 and 25+ averages through 7 rounds.

WOW - This tolls the beginning of the season for Sinapsi and Fire....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That was bloody amazing!!!

Glad to see Natasha is recovered from her injury and has come back in fighting form.

Sinapsi are doing awesome, but howcome they got 42 points on that fast round - did they brainlock or did they get NJ's???? Kurt, we need to see the judgeing sheets;)

It is great to see that in the top 3 teams, each team has a woman competitor.

As a prelude to Germany, I think that in Gold, Silver and Bronze there will be a woman standing on each podium in the Open Class (USA, NORWAY, ITALY - in no particular order).

Being Devil's Advocate.... If this happens, would this be the beginning of the end for the Women's Class?

I've always had the view that if there was a kick ass all female team out there that chose to compete in the Open Class rather than the Women's Class, they could become the all out Champions.

Rather than focusing on, say, an 18 point average to win the gold in the Women's class, why not aim for the 22+ average which will put you in contention to win the Open class at a World Meet - why limit your team because of gender? In fact, there is more motivation involved in becoming the first female only team (inc the camera flyer) to win the Gold at a World Meet in the Open Class.

Just a thought.....

Liz

Being Devil's Advocate.... If this happens, would this be the beginning of the end for the Women's Class?

Why not the start of a mens class?!

You guys, I thought this thread was about 4 great skydivers breaking a new record. Not about, "Yay, girls are great". Why not just treat great skydivers as great skydivers and stop being caught up on whether they are men or women?

It really shouldn't matter in this sport - as we can see all over the place.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You guys, I thought this thread was about 4 great skydivers breaking a new record. Not about, "Yay, girls are great". Why not just treat great skydivers as great skydivers and stop being caught up on whether they are men or women?

I agree!! Congrats on a phenomonal score. men women or co-ed who the F#%& cares...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

And even more so, Natasha was injured, only just returned, little practice and still turned in a great performance. That's something special. Kind of like Ian breaking the arm last year.

And even more so, Natasha was injured, only just returned, little practice and still turned in a great performance.

Totally. That's what blew me away when I first saw their score - Deland Fire is quality.

Looking at the scores for Round 7 - the 37 by Sinapsi and the 35 by Fire were not too shabby either!!!

Liz

The scores in the other rounds bother me a bit.

Even with a world record, they still lost 12 points over the other 9 rounds.

I know they just got back into the game, this just shows that it will be a long road to the top.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Rather than focusing on, say, an 18 point average to win the gold in the Women's class, why not aim for the 22+ average which will put you in contention to win the Open class at a World Meet - why limit your team because of gender?

Not wanting to go on about the women's thing....can I just say that by entering the Women's category doesn't mean that you are limiting your team.

You don't just focus on what average it takes to win, you focus on doing your absolute best!

I don't think anyone would be totally happy winning with a performance that is below what they are capable of.

That should be the same for any team, regardless of the gender.

Sparky

I agree with Ron, Fire is a great team and posted an awesome score, but they still have a long way to go for the world meet, and Sinapsi's score proved that.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower