cpoxon

Eloy 150-ways, November 1-11 2006

Kallend you of ALL people know how sensitive I am.

Yes, I have touched you in freefall.

But once you get that WT jumpsuit on you will be a changed man. Just remember to take it off for at least 5 minutes every week.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Kallend I'll have to take it off just to be able to see - DAMN that thing is WHITE :P

Yes, I was jumping with Betty a couple of week ago when she was trying hers, and it almost blinded me!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Craig,

Daniel is writing a nice (German) diary with photos here.

The last couple of days saw people arriving, a tunnel camp and some nice 'smaller' formations of up to 37 and WS flying.

Today was the first briefing, tomorrow will see the first 4 warmup jumps in smaller groups and the happy hour will start in 3o mins. ;-)

Keep your fingers crossed!

Klaus
My Logbook

Today saw four warmup jumps for the base and 3 * two whackers. Things are looking good so we will probably add some whackers to the base and put more whackers together with a base build by the A-Team.

Except for a sprained knee and a sprained ankle there were no serious injuries.
My Logbook

Time for the daily update before hiting the sack.

Dinner was really excelent and the the (free) Amber Bock tastes good, definitly better than Bud!

4 jumps again today: Da Base together with 3 whackers totaling 97, while the other 3 whackers practised with a base build by the A-Team. After lunch, the bases were switched. All jumps went mostly smoothly except for the usual inidividual mishaps. Some whackers already consistently complete (from 4500m!) while some others are still working on completion but I am positiv the extra time we will have from 5500m AGL (6000m MSL) will fix this.

No major injuries except for the usual bumps bruises, although one was close: Someone got a split eyebrow when someone else tracked through his opening.

The spirits are good and tomorrow should see the first jump with all the people in the sky, although not from full heigtht.

Good night and keep your fingers crossed!
My Logbook

First of all: the diary had to be moved to here due to exceeding the maximum data transfer. (Actually it's currently uploading through a slow WIFI connection, so please be patient).

Yesterday in the morning we did two more warmup jumps with the main and dummy base and three whackers.

In the afternoon we wnt big for the first time: 156 people in the air from three Skyvans and 4 Otters, although from 4500m only. Nevertheless, the formation had 122 jumpers on grips, which equals the former record.

But we have another goal: Today we finally went to full height. Three jumps from 5300-57000m. The first one had some problems with the oxygen in the lead plane, but you could hardly notice a difference in the jump flow (I'm not sure whether this is a good or a bad sign :P ).

The last jump of the day had 144 jumpers on grips, only 12 out and we have 4 more days!

For tomorrow we have four more jumps planned from 5500m.

Edit: I always thougth it was an urban myth that you can hear the engines of the trail planes when exiting from the lead plane of a real tight airplane formation, but it is really true! It's an interesting sight when you open the door of the lead Skyvan and see two Otter pilots waving at you maybe from 30m away. Did I mention those guys are doing a great job?
My Logbook

Good stuff Klaus! Thanks for the updates. How many jumps have the record attempts got left? I hope it doesn't take you that many jumps, but you've got a big one coming up soon! ;)
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

We're done!

About two hours ago we build a nice, smotth 156-way. I can write too much details eight now as I had to drag myself away from the beer. Tomorrow will be a day off (No one will be able tomorrow anyway) and the day after we will go for a 160.way.

Prost!

Betsy, we need more beer in the hangar!
My Logbook