BluDvn222

Freefly Handle????

It sticks out due to the BOC, it lays against the opening.

?? i'm not quite sure i understand that. :)

How fast are you flying? I've had mine to 275mph with NO problems!

275 is good :) how consisten are you ? i haven't been jumping much lately, it's kinda
cold here :) so i'm still up to my old results. 284 average over 1 km and 291 max.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Look at the pic again, see how the handle angles out towards the opening of the BOC pouch? It would lay basically flat if it wasn't laying up against the opening of the BOC pouch. I like this, since it seals the opening to the BOC and add an extra bit of protection to the bridle.

275 was done before I could acutally hold a good headdown. That was basically a really steep back track, zooming across the sky. I haven't tried again since I've started to actually get headdwon working for me. I will at some point.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

275 was done before I could acutally hold a good headdown. That was basically a really steep back track, zooming across the sky. I haven't tried again since I've started to actually get headdwon working for me. I will at some point.

where do you have you protrack ? i found that most likely all my results were bogus when i had
my protrack in my helmet. the rpofiles lok very different from those i get from protrack mounted on
my lateral webbing. do you have jumptrack ? can you show me some of you profiles ?

first speed meet is june 26 in england. i'm so going :)

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Now where on the container is this? I'd like to mount a protrack somewhere other than my head, legs and arms.

at this point of time it's beleived the cleanest reading is from protrack mounted on the latteral
webbing of the harness. the piece of webbing that goes from the back of the rig to vertical
webbing. so the protrack will be right on your side. i have one on the left and for competition two
protrack required. prior to that protracks we mounted on ankles but it was discovered that one
can forge the reading simply by kicking legs. that's why all the records before 2002 were retired.
more info on [url]speedskydiving.net[\url]

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

my example of "problematic":
i got a smaller rig. (i went from javelin to aerodyne) :'(
with a ff handle.
my first jump;
i grabbed it and it slipped through my hand three times.
i had to deploy my reserve.
today i forgot gloves.
my hands were frozen and
it happened again.
this time i reached around with my left hand to get a firmer grip...
this is unique example.
my rig obviously doesnt fit me properly
i should put a hackey back on
or get a better parachute
or do some arm flexibility stretches
aloha
B|

I have always required a main PC handle that I can hit with the palm of my hand and find it if needed. That is rigid tubing or hackey, but not a lump of soft foam! I noticed on both types of firm handles especially on the hackey, a lot of flopping around and pilot chute creeping out in flicks. Sitting in airplane also walks it out. I mounted a dot fastener or snap in the correct position to peel it open during pull. Problem gone. I chuckle when I see the line up walking to load with half of them with dangling handles. They have had no "reported" problems yet. Remember, "It doesn't take much to work and it doesn't take much to not work"

gb1

I have always required a main PC handle that I can hit with the palm of my hand and find it if needed. That is rigid tubing or hackey, but not a lump of soft foam! I noticed on both types of firm handles especially on the hackey, a lot of flopping around and pilot chute creeping out in flicks. Sitting in airplane also walks it out. I mounted a dot fastener or snap in the correct position to peel it open during pull. Problem gone. I chuckle when I see the line up walking to load with half of them with dangling handles. They have had no "reported" problems yet. Remember, "It doesn't take much to work and it doesn't take much to not work"

WOW 15 year old thread resurection :D

I now use a freefly friendly monkeyfist throw-out. It has a tuck tab sewn to it, so the handle sits very snuggly in place and yet I still have a very positive grip on lit at deployment time.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?