BluDvn222

Freefly Handle????

Hey everybody!
I think I am going to get a freefly handle on my new Wings. One thing that seems strange to me is calling it a freefly handle. I realize that premature deployment is more critical of an issue in freefly, but would this be any less helpful for formation skydiving. I mean seriously, please let me know if you can think of any reason why this type of handle would be problematic in any other skydiving disciplines.
Scott

"How do you like my groin to your foot style?"

Problematic? Hell no, this thing is super secure, protects your bridle/boc opening and is easy to deploy.

Its what I have on my rig and I love it (I can actually pick up the bottom of my rig with it).

As to why its called a FF handle, I think thats simply because those are the ppl who were wanting somthing like that, but didn't want to go to a PUD.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yes, its definately a great option weather you FF or not.

Theres no velcro and like Aggie said, its bomb proof.

Ive also seen hackey sacks wobbling around in sit jumps, which could start to work the pilotchute out, which is another problem it solves.

When i got mine it was a weird feel at first, being used to a hackey, but after practicing on the ground its actually ALOT easier to get a good hold of.

IMO the best of bits of pull-out & throwaway systems in one.

Well I ordered my Wings with one and put about 50 jumps on it. I have had a previous shoulder surgery. Although its in the same area it was much harder for me to get hold of and pull the FF handle. I started dipping my shoulder and then started having deployment problems. (line twist) It also was coming loose about half the time, which is not a real problem then its just like a funny shaped hackey. So I went back to a hackey and have been very happy ever since. I think its a good option but not for everyone.

OK dumbass time, whats a freefly handle? I have seen Hackey handles, Monkeyfist handles and little orange tubes handles. whats a freefly lok like??:S

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I personaly dont think a hackey is any more prone to premature openings than the freefly handle. I though have a freefly handle on my wings. reason? because I like how it feels in my hand when I go to throw it...for some reason a hackey handle to me just feel's weird...maybe this is because I was on crappy rental gear for so long with the plastic handle which is similar to the freefly handle...who knows...

marc

OK dumbass time, whats a freefly handle? I have seen Hackey handles, Monkeyfist handles and little orange tubes handles. whats a freefly lok like??:S

Have you seen a PUD? The freefly handle is using a BOC but with a PUD like handle.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

ummm whats a PUD is it the little orange hard plastic tube thingy?

A PUD is a different kind of deployment system where the pilot chute and the bridel is packed into the container. The BOC stands for the "bottom of container" where the pilot chute and part of the bridel is pack in the pouch underneath the container.

ok so how is the pin released on a PUD, where is the handle and how is it routed??
or show me a picture :)I'm a visual kinda guy, piccies are better;)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

One thing that seems strange to me is calling it a freefly handle. I realize that premature deployment is more critical of an issue in freefly, but would this be any less helpful for formation skydiving.
Scott

Good question... I would guess that the name "freefly handle" sells better than some other not so sexy name.

Some of us like to drive sports cars also even if we dont drive them in the track. Sure you can use the freefly handle also if you are falling in the opening position all the way B|

A PUD is a different kind of deployment system where the pilot chute and the bridel is packed into the container.

a PUD is just the deployment handle....a POD(Pull Out Deployment) is another type of systme....I have a PUD on my BOC....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

A PUD is a different kind of deployment system where the pilot chute and the bridel is packed into the container.

a PUD is just the deployment handle....a POD(Pull Out Deployment) is another type of systme....I have a PUD on my BOC....

I stand corrected, I meant POD, but said PUD instead. ;):P:):S:o:D

Is the Pud atached like a hacky?If so,how does it effect the pc?the pud are bigger,rigth?

If the pud is single atached i will belive it easy could entangle whit the bridel.

I have never seen a pud used as a BOC thats why im asking.
I have seen it at POD,but i dont like that system either.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yes....mine is single attached...this is how Sunrise rigging makes there freefly handle for the BOC...it is rock solid though..never have I had any problems with it once I finaly figured out the best way to pack it....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

read this.While it were a Hacky,i still belive that a pud dont make it better as long as its single atached.
It migth be better to sew it on the top of the pc,so the bridel cant get antangled,then i belive it would be a better system
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=244302;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I was thinking about getting one on my new wings, but then decided against it. Why?

and have had no trouble whatsoever finding it come pull time

I fly a Skyflyer Bird-Man suit and at pull time, the wings routinely cover the hackey. It's interesting enough getting to the hackey, let alone something that would be a much profile.

Cheers,

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Heres a (really bad) pic of the Wings FF handle.

why does is stick out so much ? and the same on the previous picture post.
i have odyssey and the handle lays flat on the bottom of container. it seems
that this way it would be more secure. i plan to go even further to secure it -
i wanna attach velcro on the flat piece of the handle and BOC, right on the
edge of the pouch. not that i think that it's not secure enough, i'm just afraid
that premature deployment in speed skydiving mostly is fatal.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum