simplyputsi

Not down with the lingo

Hey all,
So can someone explain to me what rear floater and front floater mean. I've done a descent amount of RW, nothing serious, and I just jump the spot I'm assigned. I'd like to understand what is being told/asked of me though cuz I'm hoping to get more into it this coming year.
Thanks
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Hey all,
So can someone explain to me what rear floater and front floater mean. I've done a descent amount of RW, nothing serious, and I just jump the spot I'm assigned. I'd like to understand what is being told/asked of me though cuz I'm hoping to get more into it this coming year.
Thanks

Floater - outside the airplane on exit
Diver - inside the plane on exit

Front floater - a person outside the plane and at the front of the door (closest to the nose of the plane)
Rear Floater - a person outside the plane and at the back of the door (closest to the tail of the plane)

Perfect!!
I mean I thought that was what all that meant, but then the people I've jumped with always make it sound more complicated. It's probably just me. :P

Being a rear floater you would want to make sure you leave just a tad bit before everyone else?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

indeed you do, especially on a free-flown exit (ie where no grips are taken in the door). In that situation a front floater should aim to jump out aiming for the wingtip and the rear floater can just drop off, in both cases slightly before the 'go' to make room for the divers to get out of the door.

Some people need to practice the leaving a bit early thing, hence imply it's a bit complicated.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Some people need to practice the leaving a bit early thing, hence imply it's a bit complicated.

tash

And for some of us leaving early is just as easy as falling off!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.