skykittykat

World Cup 05

OK, here we go again - what are your predictions???

Open - tight race between Fire, Knights and Oddysey.

Women's 4-way - France and the US without a doubt as in training they are well ahead of the field - courtesy of Jerome (French chicks coach).

Both 4-way classes a jump off.

8-way - USA and France and probably a jump off.

European leader???? France has no 4-way Open team, so which country will take the title?

It's so excitingB|

Liz

I would love to see the knights take 4 way, 8 way belongs to us. And does anyone know which female team is representing us, is it Synchronicity or Fastrax Select?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

And does anyone know which female team is representing us, is it Synchronicity or Fastrax Select?

Both are there. It's a World Cup. More than one team can represent a country. Yet, our U.S. Team banner rests with Synchronicity, who took the Gold at the last World Meet.

.doc file of all World Cup Entries

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The Italian 4-way team (Sinapsi) are not competing in this year's World Cup as they were awaiting the outcome of Pete Allum's eligibility. The Italians are competing in 8-way though.

The Belgium 4-way team is not competing either - don't know the story there.

Further to my first post, Fastrax are competing instead of the Golden Knights - I had assumed the GK's would have been competing, but having seen the list of registered teams, they are nowhere to be found!

Liz

The Italian 4-way team (Sinapsi) are not competing in this year's World Cup as they were awaiting the outcome of Pete Allum's eligibility. The Italians are competing in 8-way though.

The Belgium 4-way team is not competing either - don't know the story there.

Further to my first post, Fastrax are competing instead of the Golden Knights - I had assumed the GK's would have been competing, but having seen the list of registered teams, they are nowhere to be found!

Liz

I didn't know about that. So my guess would be Fire wining a close race against Odyssey and then Russians and Fastrax - both very close (not nessesary in this order) but slightly behind the first two teams.

Go Black Cat!

The GK's have two open slots on the RW team. BK is the new TL and Davidson is still on the team. SF branch had told Hoover and Brooks that they need to leave almost a year ago. The team had thought that if they won that they would have been able to keep them. But that was a very small chance even if they had won. Hoover went to the team in 95 and Brooks in 99. The tour is supposed to be 3 years for a Demo guy and 8 for the comp team. But SF is under strength.

I see:

1. Fire
2. Fastrax
3. Airspeed

FT could shock the world again like Russia. John and Company know that they have to push it from round one, not try to be perfect like they did at the Nationals.

Also Airspeed needs to stay focused on 8way. Doing both is a serious drain on a team.

I think the fact that FT is staying together means big things. Airspeed is going to shift the focus to 8way, GK's have to pick up two new members.

I think the French womens team will get first. I base this off of the fact that while Snyc are all good friends of mine and REALLY good jumpers that the French female 4way team has many more jumps and all of the resources they could want.

8way should go to Airspeed. The focus will be 8way and its their Home DZ.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The Italian 4-way team (Sinapsi) are not competing in this year's World Cup as they were awaiting the outcome of Pete Allum's eligibility.

The answer is posted on NSL's web page today.

http://www.skyleague.com/pages/news/showArticles.php?story=271

"After a person has represented a country in a First Category event, that person must not represent another country in a First Category event during the entire two calendar years (1 January to 31 December) following the calendar year in which the person represented the first country."

The new wording of the Sporting Code in this connection is still being fine-tuned by the lawyers. However, the principle that has been adopted by CASI is essentially that, after representing one country, two whole calendar years (1st January to 31 December) must elapse before a competitor can represent another. So if a person represents Utopia in 2005 s/he cannot represent Shangrila until 2008. The precise dates of the contests within those years are immaterial.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

8way should go to Airspeed. The focus will be 8way and its their Home DZ.

I think (and hope) they will win but it's not going to be easy - French are focused on 8-way too

Bummer i'm seriously French but Eloy is my Home DZ, and Airspeed are great people... where should my allegiance fall? ;)

Bummer i'm seriously French but Eloy is my Home DZ, and Airspeed are great people... where should my allegiance fall?

Well that's a no brainer, your allegiance should fall with Airspeed, and after you pledge your allegiance to them you should feel ashamed for being French:P;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bummer i'm seriously French but Eloy is my Home DZ, and Airspeed are great people... where should my allegiance fall?

Well that's a no brainer, your allegiance should fall with Airspeed, and after you pledge your allegiance to them you should feel ashamed for being French:P;)

I think I am going to be proud of being French, and be proud of being part of the Eloy family. I will cheer for both regardless of placements.

No one is doing violence on my behalf, this is why I sleep soundly.

Skydive, love, and rock'n'roll ;)

No one is doing violence on my behalf, this is why I sleep soundly.

If you had read it it said "rough men STAND ready"

And the freedoms you enjoy in Eloy were brought by the same type of rough men.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Go Airspeed! :)

Yeah GO AIRSPEED, and GO the VR8 and the Ukrainian chicks and Bryce and AXIS 21 and AXIS 22 (too) and all... go get me a beer!

Axis 22?????

And yes, go team Ukraine! :)

Actually, for W 4w FS, I'm cheering fro Team UK.... Some old posters may remember that lard ass belly Flyer Emma who is on the team now.:)
Remster

Airspeed is up by two points after round 2 of 8 way. I'm sure it's helping Airspeed a lot that they aren't having to preclude their 8 way jumps with 4 way like they did in Russia. BTW does anyone know what the schedule is for 4 way? Will it start after 8 way is finished completely?
--Dwight D. Eisenhower