tqsmile

cessna 206 exits

Hi all.
We have just received a new jump plane at our DZ, a cessna 206, and would like all advice possible on the best 4-way exits and camera that are being used on said plane.(it has a tail end door)
Also wanted to find out suggestions on the best exit poss for tandem jumps and cool poss for cameraflyer.
Thanking you
cheers
TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com

Hi all.
We have just received a new jump plane at our DZ, a cessna 206, and would like all advice possible on the best 4-way exits and camera that are being used on said plane.(it has a tail end door)

-Any way you could post a pic? The 206's I have seen have a side flip up (Snohomish) door like a 182. :)
Thanks! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Never jumped one. Looks like it would be the complete opposite of an Otter.

Have fun training in that and then competing in an Otter. That will really mess up your exits. YOu need to talk to a World level competitor. Or someone that isused to jumping a Porter. Damn doors on the wrong side!:D:D
Dom

Interesting.

C206 exits are the same as exits from any other aircraft (at least from the tail's POV).:P
Take grips for the first point; put it on the mock-up for the AC you're exiting; launch and present to the relative wind. We've launched a Bundy off a C206.

From my experience with C206 exits you have to compensate for the smaller door and having the wing right there. Some exits will have the point outside on the step under the wing with the centers in the door. Formations off the Otter lend themselves to everyone launching directly onto line of flight; point going "up", centers going "out", tail dropping down.

Formations off the C206 will come off at a very steep angle because point will naturally be lagging a bit on every launch allowing everyone to get to their own air. In addition, formations tend to come off better if launched 45 degrees down and away from the plane. It gets everyone to their own air a little quicker.

Every world level competitor I've spoken with has told me it doesn't matter what you jump out of, Otter, Skyvan, C206/182. It's only the first point. After you enter freefall it doesn't matter what plane you got out of; the RW is all the same. Launch a star or a meeker for every exit and transition to the first point. Have fun.:)

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Every world level competitor I've spoken with has told me it doesn't matter what you jump out of, Otter, Skyvan, C206/182. It's only the first point.

True, but ifyou don't pull off the exit. That will screw ya up, but then again that is why they are world class. Plus they all train right hand doors before they go to the meet. Vans are easy to exit.

C206 exits are the same as exits from any other aircraft (at least from the tail's POV)

Tha is why i want to fly tail next year. Get down and blame everyone else if it goes wrong!;)
Dom

Interesting problem. That door is significantly less wide than the C206 I'm used to. Ours has a forward wind deflector and the whole cargo door is just open space. We generally tried 3 ways with two guys way out, one in and one diving. Launching a 4way peice tended to end badly when the guy in front float folded underneath. I think the setup on your plane is more challenging because of the door width.
Our tandem masters all do a seated exit with everyone's legs tucked underneath the plane, but it looks like your step might be in the way a bit. The camera guy generally hangs out the back of the door in a rear float type position.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream