RedDevil1102

4 and 8 Way Nationals

There ya go! Way to be! I couldn't agree more.

Of course I would rather I was there than here watching on the web.

Oh well, maybe whe nI retire I can work at a DZwith a real good RW rep and get on one of those teams!:P (HINT!)

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Oh well, maybe whe nI retire I can work at a DZwith a real good RW rep and get on one of those teams! (HINT!)

Hint like a brick! Like I always say...you don't have to be a champion to jump here, but you just might become one if you do.;) For today however its.. go army, go army, go army! Come on boys bring it!

But being a soldier I know that the services are all running a pretty tight rotation between comabat units and non combat units.

That's exactly it. Their rotation is up and they would normally be going to Iraq anyway. [:/]

Yes, there is a jump off between Fire and GK. Fire did a blistering 20 and GK fumbled a zircon (not enough verticle separation to make it over cleanly...they stuck belly on back for a few agonizing seconds before breaking free! ). This cost them and the GK came in with an 18. :o

They were told to be ready for the jump off in an hour (and that was about 30 minutes or so ago).

Intermediate is finishing their Round 10 in the meantime.

Wow! What a meet! We almost had another jump off between Carolina Ice and AZ Divewerks too! Ice pulled it off and is taking home the Silver. Divewerks the Bronze. Elsinore Equinox is taking the well deserved Gold.

Round 11 for Open is O-G-B-L-Q. :^)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Way to go Divewerkz!
Bringing home the silver! Whoop! Whoop!

The scores are not completely tallied yet. The ones in italics are not added to the scoreboard yet. They've only tallied through Round 7. It's Ice 127 to Divewerks 126 if my addition is correct.

ltdiver

NSL and Omniskore both have Fire with a 36 t othe GK 34.

Good job Fire!

Better luck to the GK fellows for the 8-way event.

Kind of sux what happened in that last round, GK was flyin twice as fast as Fire and on their way to what could've been a new record until they went so fast they brainlocked:(

A sloppy Zircon is what drove them into the jump-off, they must'vce just been pushin it a little too hard, they usually do that block very clean.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kind of sux what happened in that last round, GK was flyin twice as fast as Fire and on their way to what could've been a new record until they went so fast they brainlocked

A sloppy Zircon is what drove them into the jump-off, they must'vce just been pushin it a little too hard, they usually do that block very clean.

Thats kinda the whole point of a timed and SCORED event.

You have to go fast, but you also have to be clean.

You can claim that it was a shame, but it is also the name of the game.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So 4-way came out the way a few folks predicted.

I also think that the performance of Fire will put an end to some folks "voicings" over NM and her skill. Obviously she is world caliber, she has proven it all year long and in the face of a tough jump off, came out ahead!

I still wish Army had won[:/] but, damn fine job Fire!

Now how about 8-way?

I say the Knights and Airspeed will be very focused but think that the Knights will use the 4-way silver as a motivator to get 8-way gold!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The calendar says later today.

8-way started at 7:30am this morning. I know because the first plane woke me up. :P

Nice party last night. A lot of 4-way people hob-nobbing until very late. Computers were down, so I couldn't log on and update anything. 4-way awards tonight, poolside.

Now to check Omniskore to see what I'm missing ( typing this from my trailer here at the DZ...haven't ventured out to see what's up anywhere yet... )

ltdiver

You can claim that it was a shame, but it is also the name of the game.

I agree with you 100%, but it would've been cool to see a new record for single round score;), besides when my first pic(Airspeed) doesn't win I have to cheer for the knights,:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Phugoid 8
(of course!)

Aw shucks.

Anywhoo Phugoid 8 will have to do 7-10 without me....I got a call from Dallas and an offer for more money.....

We did what we set out to do in 4way and got 7th overall. We missed our target average, but we had 5 points in video busts and with the top teams doing only a 21 average over 10, we feel pretty good with our score.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334