jblooming

How NOT to do 4-way

We have a rookie 4 way team at Skydive Chicago. We have competed in the NSL at 2 meets. The average number of jumps on the team is about 150.

So, we had all this video of the things that you probably shouldn't be doing while doing 4way. I decided to take the video from the meet's and a couple of practice jumps and have some fun with it. You can see the video at http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2548

We had a bunch of fun doing the jumps and hope you have some fun watching them.

Jim

Oh my god. I never realized we sucked so bad. I knew we sucked, but this level of suckness sucks too much. I hereby tender my resignation from Chasing Amy, as we suck.:P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Oh my god. I never realized we sucked so bad. I knew we sucked, but this level of suckness sucks too much. I hereby tender my resignation from Chasing Amy, as we suck.:P

Well your exits were not that bad :P I have seen up close and personal worse ones :$

Just keep having fun!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I e-mailed my teammates on FU2 so they could check out your video. I'm sure they'll enjoy it as much as I did. In the meantime fair is fair, if you'd like to laugh at us check out www.heyrobin.com/fu2. Right now it only has our first meet on it and a couple of fun jumps we did the next day. I swear we've gotten better! We were definitely the comic relief for the judges at the first competition when we funnelled the first exit for 2,000 feet or so.:$ Allright you guys - Let's see some video from the other rookie teams! B|

LOL! Are you sure that's not my first year Rookie teams 4 way video? The moves look the same. the good part is my first year on an intermediate team I looked competent…well kind of. I’m hoping by my 4th year of serious 4 way to look more like the guys in the black jumpsuits. ;)

Keep it up. You WILL get there.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Awesome video! It captures the fun y'all are having on the jumps. I love the titles for each section; it brought a big smile to my face, remembering when my 4way jumps were like those. I hope y'all never lose sight of the fun aspect of 4way! You shame more than a few teams!

Jim - excellent video!! Thanks for putting it together. It's been great for my friends and family to watch.

Doug - you can't quit or we'll rename the team "Doug sucks!" In fact, I vote we do that anyways ;)

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

we'll rename the team "Doug sucks!" In fact, I vote we do that anyways

I think we've found our team name for next season.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Great and fun video. You guys are right on track and doing better than you imagine. It's a challenge always. We were there at the East Troy meet and you had a feel good energy - it's great to be around teams that enjoy 4-way, whether they are beginning or pros. It won't be long at your pace to the point where you are arguing with the teammates about whether or not to go AA or AAA.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Fun video!!!! Wish my team looked that good when we first started!!!

And: Julie, Julie, Julie!!! FU2 is totally kicking some big time booty!!! Congrats on the handicap win as well!!! You guys have literally improved by "leaps" and bounds.:)
Re: WW video...we refuse to share our secrets:P

is

You guys are doing awesome. It's so cool to see you guy's having so much fun. My favorite is the jump where Hoochie falls through your burble and you all geek the camera for the rest of the jump. That was a classic!

Sorry we missed you guys this past weekend at SDC. We'll see you at Hinkley.

I don't think we're going to Hinkley. Jim and Amy can't make it, so there's really no point in paying for the registration, etc. with 2 alternates.

Stew and I might come out and fun jump though.

Sorry we missed you guys this past weekend at SDC. We'll see you at Hinkley.

Yah, oh well though... I hope that we can make the next meet.

This one kinda fell right on our DZs big boogie of the year so we missed it. haha yeah you guys are fun to watch cause you're having fun...
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka